Opinions please

MadGrip

I'm thinking of going to look at a 350z this morning. its an 04 GT UK with everything :) I just love the colour

the only thing thats slightly putting me off at the moment is the mileage.. its done 60k

I assume the car would still be under warranty, but would this mileage put you off ? I have the cash, so was goingh to offer him £16500

what do you think

link to car---> http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/ ... 5&pageid=1

thanks for that. I'm reading up as much as possible on the model as I want to go see it within a few hours. I've never owned a car with this sort of mileage so could do with as much help/opinions as possible

is there anything I should be particularly worried about with this sort of mileage ?

cheers

Phil

Looks very nice, nice colour too; has all the right options (GT, rays, parking sensors, sat nav). Problem is the mileage and this is what's making a huge dent in its value.

At this mileage following should ALL have been done, so check:

* Services - A total of six - FP1 (9000), FP2 (18000), FP1 (27000), FP3 (36000), FP1 (45000), FP2 (54000), next would be FP1 (@ 63000). [note these are 'FP' services, not the normal 'P' because of high mileage use; not sure of the exact difference but are identified diff in service handbook. Worth phoning the servicing garage as well to check stamps are genuine (more likely to be faked because of the number that were required)

* Brake fluid @ 36000

* Cambelt and platinum spark plugs @ 54000

If all that's been done and you really like the car then make an offer. I'd say 16000 (max) though.

(I guessing they paid over the odds not realising true worth and so in turn are trying to get an uneducated buyer)

Guest prescience
Looks very nice, nice colour too; has all the right options (GT, rays, parking sensors, sat nav). Problem is the mileage and this is what's making a huge dent in its value.

At this mileage following should ALL have been done, so check:

* Services - A total of six - FP1 (9000), FP2 (18000), FP1 (27000), FP3 (36000), FP1 (45000), FP2 (54000), next would be FP1 (@ 63000). [note these are 'FP' services, not the normal 'P' because of high mileage use; not sure of the exact difference but are identified diff in service handbook. Worth phoning the servicing garage as well to check stamps are genuine (more likely to be faked because of the number that were required)

* Brake fluid @ 36000

* Cambelt and platinum spark plugs @ 54000

If all that's been done and you really like the car then make an offer. I'd say 16000 (max) though.

(I guessing they paid over the odds not realising true worth and so in turn are trying to get an uneducated buyer)

Good points, but there is no cambelt on this car, its a silent-running cam chain - so there is no replacement needed.

What might need replacing are the power steering and air con belts - doubt if these are service changes though?