Monaco F1 Madness Time Again

Zazur

Well here we go again another end of May and it's F1 time and the madness has started and bad news for us who have to work here. :surrender:

All the track and stands are now finished and last night they were painting all the starting grid positions. :yahoo:

All the yachts :boat: have been kicked out of the port as usual and today the yachts B) have started arriving to take their positions in the port for the Monaco F1 Grand Prix.

No doubt this weekend and next week the place will have more supercars in one place then anywhere else in the world at 1 time and they all :drive1 round the circuit some with cameras hanging out the window and filling the tunnel with all sorts of engine noises.

Wonder how many seats will be empty in the grandstands like last year and then the rush to try and fill them before the race appears on TV.

Who's gonna be :#1::#2::#3: this year.

One race to go this weekend :thumbs:

Must be exciting mate! Hows things going on the job front these days?

The Sunseeker that we had stolen has been a real nightmare, I have had the 3 engines rebuilt in total now 3 times as we had failures after each set of rebuilds while on sea trials and I expect a law suit will be flying around at some point.

At last she was fixed and I had her shipped back from Turkey (I have had about 40 visits to Turkey in the last year and a half) and she arrived back in Genoa, Italy last Saturday BUT is now out of the water in a yard in Genoa as the oil seals on the Arneson service drives failed on the ship while being transported back, so being fixed shortly.

I am still running the 60 meter also and life becomes really interesting now that both boats are around and need about 30 hour days now.

The owner mentioned last week he wants to go cruising during August and September so I guess things are not as desperate as they were a while ago but money is still very tight and everything done on a really tight budget (he lost 2.9 BILLION dollars in the end of it all).

The job situation in the yachting game still seems to be very tricky with lots of people from captains down to deckies looking for work and not much about, we get buried in CV's every day here.

But I still have a job and am being paid so I am better off than some people are, so grateful for that.

Thanks for asking

It is always an exiting time here around this time of year just tricky to move around and do your work, BUT ALWAYS ENJOY MY JOB. :yahoo:

Gee Zaz, you've had quite some year haven't you, with all that drama. :wacko: Good that things are smoothing over a bit now. You take care and hope those F1 nuts don't too much in the way. They're good for your economy. ;)