ARGH!! Losing power when accelerating!!!

adammitch69

Noticed it this morning on the motorway, 6th gear 65mph, foot down to overtake.... revs raise for about 1 second then dropped down again like I've dipped the clutch then slowly start to raise again but very slowly. Just sounds/feels like an automatic when it changes gear

Same thing on the way home with 5th aswell.

Car has done 65k, all servicing upto date with air filter (JWT) getting cleaned last week. Filled up with Tesco 98ron last night.

Anyone get any ideas??

Silly question but if the clutch was dying wouldnt it only do it on gear changes?? (which it isnt doing)

cheers

Adam

It could be the clutch still, just changed mine after showing similar symptoms. How high is the biting point on your pedal? Sometimes an indicator of a fading clutch if its fairly high. Mine was the same, did a drive to Cornwall and back and putting my foot down in higher gears resulted in lack of power and the rev sweep before it bites. Mine had done 45k miles when it got changed and had full Nissan service history.

If it is already slipping then that's the flywheel done - you will need a new clutch kit and flywheel. Absolute pain in the backside as I had £1k set aside to spend on goodies after I bought my car and after 4 weeks had spent it all on a new CV joint and Clutch/Flywheel :surrender:

This is going to be an expensive month for the Zed: road tax, Nismo V2 bumper, spray an fit the latter and now new clutch etc.

Do I require a flywheel aswell?? and oil???

Someone mentioned the lightened ones being noisy - is that the case??

cheers for the quick feedback, thought I might have had to take it to the dealers :bang:

Had my clutch done a week or so ago, if its slipping it means the flywheel is being eaten up by the studs in the clutch plate in which case means its done for. Best order both for the refit though as you cant tell if the flywheel is done for until its all out of the car.

Lighter flywheels do chatter more by all accounts, but other members on here say they can live with it. I just went for a stock dual mass replacement.

Just had it replaced last week, same problem, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48980

Went for the single mass fly wheel, beware of the noise it makes bellow 2000rpm, but the zed feels quicker with the single one. If you're doing the whole job, go for the B&M short shifter as well like the one here viewtopic.php?p=642413#p642413 totally changed the feel of the gear changing, very precise and short! Love it!

Good luck!

:drive1

Went for the single mass fly wheel, beware of the noise it makes bellow 2000rpm, but the zed feels quicker with the single one. If you're doing the whole job, go for the B&M short shifter as well like the one here viewtopic.php?p=642413#p642413 totally changed the feel of the gear changing, very precise and short! Love it!

Good luck!

what difference does the short shifter make???

Shorter traveling distance of the gear lever and extremely precise!

Have a look here:

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Nissan ... Shifter_5#

Good luck!

what difference does the short shifter make???

Recommended and fitted by ESR so I am happy. :)

ive seen the recommendations and praise on here, so i would have been more than happy to get a Lightened, but sadly i really needed the car and Alex only had Dual in stock for another week or 2 :thumbs: