Mileage - how important is it?

DannyBoy

Hi,

I'm in the market for a GT Zed at the moment and looking to spend about 9-10k. In this price range there seems to be a wide range of mileage and age, and I was hoping you guys with a bit more technical knowledge/experience of the car might be able to give an idea of how significant mileage and/or age is with these cars, eg. do they give up at 80,000 or 180,000? This isn't as obvious an answer as it might seem initially because i'll be looking to modify the car once i get it, so the less i spend on the car the more i can spend on toys, but obviously i'm after a reliable car. Any help?

Thanks,

DB

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Head here, grab a cup of tea and have a browse, most of these questions and others will be answered there.

In short thought, mileage isn't all that important it seems, the engines are good for 100k miles and more. I did a little write up for things to look out for on circa £9k cars a little while back, will try see if I can dig it out.

Also, drop a message onto the wanted section, you might find a forum member selling their already modified car. Most people strip the mods off their Zs before selling them, it might save you money and them effort if you buy one pre-modded!

I'm on 110K now and it still has 284 bhp (dynoed to prove it). Only the usual consumables and one wheel bearing replaced :) Well, unless yo count the uprated bits but they were by choice rather than necessity :teeth:

High mileage never puts me off providing they are in good condition for body and interior and have a service history. Motorway miles do a car more good than stop-start of a few hundred miles a month.