Anyone got a 3d tv ?

Ideally wanted something 40-50" LCD for around £500

Then I looked on the Richer Sounds website and saw a 46" Sony Bravia 3D tv, trade in price £999. I thought that was a dam good price and don't mind spending the extra if it's worth it.

If we stick to the original post we're talking about £1000 max... :teeth:

Don't get sucked into comparing specs, they don't mean that much. e.g when buying a camera ask anyone that knows whats best a 10mp Nikon or a 20mp Panasonic. The Nikon wins hands down everytime because of everything else that goes intoa build.

My advice is stay well clear of 3D for a few years til its doesnt require glasses. Buy a £550-£600 samsung plasma and then upgrade again in 3 years when 3D has matured as a technology. Unless you a massive audiophile you won't be able to tell the difference.

If you know PC's another similar comparison would be, if you just do normal day to day stuff and no mega gaming or high end graphics its better to spend £300 on one and upgrade it every 2 years rather than spend £900 on a state of the art rig thats obsolete ini 3 years anyway. The law of diminishing returns applies to electronics buying.

Buy good brands, not specs.

Good luck fella!

Guest maxiglasgow

Just after Christmas me and my mate both bought a Samsung 50 inch 3D Plasma, think it's the 680 model.

It was in sale for £999, bought when I went into shop to see it the guy looked up availability and noticed a bundle which included a Samsung 3D Bluray player, an extra pair of glasses and Shrek 3D all for the sum off £998!!!!

We bought 2 on the spot but they were sold out and had to wait till mid January for delivery bu I have to say the 3D is superb, picture quality is awesome.

It was a Samsung 46" LCD I was moving from and big difference in blacks etc on the plasma.

Only thing about Plasma is that I am extremely paranoid about screen burn, the missus has a Habit of leaving Sky on pause while she goes for a bath and now I tell her not to just in case.

I have the screensaver option enabled but still...

Screen burn is a thing of the past, it shouldnt happen on a modern plasma, the most you'll get is abit of image retention that will go after a few seconds. I had my panasonic 1080p plasma for 3.5 years and still love the picture quality.

I recommend plasma to everyone as its a more realistic image, its how films should look, not all sharp and bright like LCD/LED. My mate just brought a 46" 3D Samsung, think its a 750 model and cost him just under £700. The picture is too bright for me and already he's reporting pixilation on fast moving action.

I'll be getting a cheap panasonic C3 plasma for the living room when i move house and my 50" 1080p Plasma will be going in the cinema room along with hopefully a 110" projector.

i got 50 inch samsung plasma 3d tv

And i love it i have over 40 3d movies ie drive angry, Gnomeo and juliet

PM me for details

its great i use mine nearly every other day either for 3d gaming or family time around a nice 3d film !!

I know led and lcd aresuper duper wooper things but if your willing to sacrifice quality picture over look at my thin tv

thats up to yourself ..

but go for it matey

OH and the glasses are £40 a pop on amazon delivered :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I purchased yesterday...

Went for this

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/LED-TVs/buy-SO ... at:led+tvs

SONY BRAVIA KDL-46NX713U 46"" Full HD LED 3D TV - Black

Picture is great, sound is great, optional 3d is great and well the price was just too good to be true.

It had literally just gone up on a one off trade in offer at 'best buy'... It was the last one as a new model came out yesterday.

I got it for £600 :dance: ... most of the staff were even gobsmacked it was so cheap. So nipped back home, got an old crappy tv that was knocking around and did the deal...

Its still well over a grand on most websites £1400 on some so im pretty pleased, I need to buy a sensor, glasses and 3d movie now B)

Thanks for all your advice, pms etc guys :thumbs:

Hi Tarmac, we went to Derby yesterday and the Sony Centre are doing the Bravia for 899 same tv with trade.

It does seem ok we were going to get one but just going to surf the net first before we commit.

It comes with receiver and two pairs of rechargeable glasses

Hi Tarmac, we went to Derby yesterday and the Sony Centre are doing the Bravia for 899 same tv with trade.

It does seem ok we were going to get one but just going to surf the net first before we commit.

It comes with receiver and two pairs of rechargeable glasses

Thats not a bad deal. Mine didnt come with glasses or receiver but ive just bought two pairs of universal glasses for £30 each and the 3d sensor off ebay for £25

Just seen the price of the 3d dvds tho :surrender: , avatar is around £80 :scare: