How tuneable is the Zed?

Blackie

to retro fit FI the cost vary alot dpending on if you buy new kit or 2nd hand and if you fit it or pay for fitting etc.

supercharger your looking at between 4.5k to 7.5k for the kit + fitting (i may be a little out, someone like ian could give you more accurate figures as he has run a very nice HKS setup)

turbo your looking at between 7k and 15k for a decent twin turbo setup, prices might be less and that i think includes some of the fitting etc, but someone like zmanalex would be able to give you more real world figures as he has run a couple of TT setups.)

Tbh it would be cheaper to buy one done as mentioned before. I dont really trust after thought chargers/turbos as you can never really be 100% sure on its reliability, I have seen a few disasters because of bad fitting or poor kits

IMO if your wanting a fast car buy one, Im not doubting charged z's are good but owners dont tend to keep them for long. You can get much much more power from a 2jz without spending silly money.

He's trying to get away from the Supra area as hes had it a long time, But saying that it was only about £500 in secondhand BPU parts for 400bhp :D

Tbh it would be cheaper to buy one done as mentioned before. I dont really trust after thought chargers/turbos as you can never really be 100% sure on its reliability, I have seen a few disasters because of bad fitting or poor kits

all FI zeds are retro fitted systems so someones done the work at someopoint down the line. imho i'd rather do the work myself or use my own garage because at least i then know what and how its been done.

personally if your having to spend etc to add power to the zed i'd look at buying a car that has the power already. either a zed already FI'd or a faster car from a different manufacturer.

I have to agree with biscuit on this one. If you want a VERY fast car either get something other than a Zed or spend a fortune on FI'ing the Zed. The Zed owns it's looks very well, it's a GT car not a racer unless you strip it out. For a medium to high budget I'd do the SC but if your budget is low you can always go for NOS. although, NOS won't give you 400bhp unless you forge the internals, then you're looking at £5k+'ish

I'm contemplating a Stroker kit for next year, this will give you a great platform for 400bhp++

As above. If you want something quick buy something else. Been there done that :)

Having said that, I would go through it all again and I would go FI on another Z if I had the chance.

As mentioned before its not actually for me but a friend, im more than happy with the Zed as im a poser ;) , I will point him somewhere else as if he bought one he would join this site and he's a bit of pain in the a$$ :D

As mentioned before its not actually for me but a friend, im more than happy with the Zed as im a poser ;) , I will point him somewhere else as if he bought one he would join this site and he's a bit of pain in the a$$ :D

Don't worry there are plenty of annoying people that appear now and again on the forum. They soon disappear.

Don't worry there are plenty of annoying people that appear now and again on the forum. They soon disappear.

Sorry, im here to stay ;)

• 10 months later...