Your thoughts - Spacer Modification.....

Jak

Right - I have decided I would like to tuck my wheels in at the front, and sooner rather than later as they are a little proud at the moment with my Eibach 20mm Pro's on there.

I have decided to go for a 10mm Hubcentric instead, same system as my 20mm's - the replacement stud type (System 6 i think...) which costs roughly £100....

It just occured to me however that I do actually know a pretty competant metal worker (has worked for Force India, amoungst other companies...) Could he lathe/mill/whatever my existing 20mmspacer down to 10mm? would that be possible/ Safe/ not a total bodge? Or am I being an idiot for even thinking of this?? :lol:

Before the flaming commences, it should be noted I have literally just had this thought come up in my head and posted it - i havnt looked into it in the slightest!! :blush:

Jak

System 6... is that the one where you have to swap the studs from the standard hub?

If so it sounds like a reasonable option, but would the studs be too long?

Alternatively if you have the type that you bolt onto your existing nuts, if you shaved 10mm off theback of them, then as Jetset says the nuts would be too tall...

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies, these spacers do not have the inset nuts - they are the ones where you get longer studs to replace the ones already in your hubs... So a bit of a pain to fit but in my opinion a better option... so i wont have the problem that Jetset highlighted, though thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

Normally I would just buy the 10mm, and still might - i just thought thisway would be more cost effective....

Anymore thoughts welcome :thumbs:

10mm spacers here for £30 per pair

again you will have to use extended studs.

smallest size available here for the bolt on arrangement is 15, and they use different nuts from the 20mm+ so they can sit flush, no need to use extended studs with these. they are £60 per pair with nuts supplied

any other info needed, drop me a PM

regards