How much to respray the front end of a Zed??

SteveRS

My painter charges me 70quid a panel including repairing any dents to fibreglass etc.

Id expect to pay around 250 quid to get the full front done by means of a "homer" from someone who works for a company. My guy owns his own company who does cars for some very respectable garages around here so it was always a safe bet going with him :thumbs:

Thats a very good price, unfortunately i dont know anyone like that around here. I looked at a Chilli red zed last weekend and the whole front end needs respraying, plus one corner of the rear bumper. Just looking for an idea so i can negotiate.

Thats a very good price, unfortunately i dont know anyone like that around here. I looked at a Chilli red zed last weekend and the whole front end needs respraying, plus one corner of the rear bumper. Just looking for an idea so i can negotiate.

for negotiating purposes budget for around 600-800 for a pro job with a company

I got a dent in my front bumper near the reflector...tried pushing it out myself but it just goes back to where it was. Also there is a fair amount of welded insects on it so a respray is probably the best option...cost estimates for dent removal and front bumper respray?

Apologies in advance for nicking the thread!

I paid £270 for my front bumper to be smoothed & resprayed :)

Have you got a pic of your smoothed bumper, am thinking of doing the same.

Did they take out the badge and side reflectors, etc?

I also want to smooth my bonnet, how much would i need to budget for to smooth out the grooves and respray - its gunmetal?

:thumbs:

Thats a really good price. So a front end and rear bumper shouldn't be too much then. :headhurt:

depends where you go to be honest and always worth shopping around. but a quality job dosnt always come cheap!

True. The Zed i looked at was chilli red so the paint shouldn't be as expensive as metalic.

Would you say £1000 would be enough even for a quality job?

i couldnt n wouldnt like to say to be honest.

the chap who did mine said after that he should have charged me about £2500 but as he'd quoted me and enjoyed the work he left it at that.

im sure some of the lads/lasses down your way will have a better idea of cost?

I also want to smooth my bonnet, how much would i need to budget for to smooth out the grooves and respray - its gunmetal?

:thumbs:

Why not consider a later model 350Z bonnet with the bulge?

i did think of that, but to be honest i was looking at potentially smoothing the existing bonnet and then putting a couple of discreet vents in.

I thought it might look a bit more unique - dont suppose there are any owners with vented bonnets?

I think a smoothed bonnet would look odd with out the later model "hump" in it.

I dunno what would happen, but you also need to consider heat, even with the planned vents, and how the filling material would react to it.

Anyway, here is a pic of a OEM bonnet with Nismo style vents cut into it

Hood2.jpg

that is pretty good.

what happens in respect of water ingress. I presume rain getting into the engine bay through the vents wont cause too much of a problem?

I guess you would just need to keep cleaning in the engine area, and protect the electrics?

i also notice that has the air intake on the front - same again, what about rain into the air filter?

J.