help with new mobile phone upgrade. which one?

hi there people,

i am just in line for my new contract phone. i have no idea what to get. i have a very good deal with line rental and the cost of a phone, i just have to decide what phone i want.

i currently have a HTC desire on T-Mobile. i dont want to move operators just a new phone, i also cant have a Iphone 4 on my current 12month plan.

the contenders are:

SE play

HTC desire S

HTC desire HD

HTC sensation (not yet released on T-mobile)

is there any more handsets that people can think of that would be good for surfing/email/music ect.

cheers in advance

Sparky

Currently have an N900 which is an old phone. Since I rebuilt the software (zero help from Nokia) it has worked well but it is now showing it's age and is somewhat on the bulky side. The keyboard wore out on it after 8 months though so that had to be replaced (poor). Nokia stuff is generally good in my view but they are absolutely rubbish at getting the software right from day one. Current phone uses Maemo. Does any other new phone use this system?

thought nokia was dropping there op system anyway and moving over to windows

Yep they are.... don't like windows phone OS :thumbdown:

I would wait for the new iPhone 5 to come out September time and negotiate a new contract to accommodate it :thumbs:

thing is, if i wait for the new IP5 i would have to change my contract to a 24month tariff. i have already spoken to them about an IP4.

IMO i think that the IP is the best smart phone available at the mo but its way too expensive for what it is. my Desire comes a close second behind the IP. i think i might just wait for the new HTC sensation to arrive. it looks pretty good and the battery life is improved and so is the processor.

You could always wait for the IP5 to be anounced and then get a IP4, they will be down in price and probably on a 12 mth contract

TBH, i totally agree. but i really cant see them giving me an IP on a 12 month contract. the guy in the shop was shocked that i still had a 12 month. and exclaimed that i had a really good deal.

I have the HTC desire hd and I think it is excellent, it does have its faults like the battery is crap, but imo it has more going for it than the ip4, for example you can download free movies music and tv programs where as Apple are all about money money money! I only use my HTC for surfing the web not my laptop, I'm on it right now infact, all my forum posts and my pictures were all uploaded and taken on my phone which has an 8mp hd camera as opposed to ip4 5mp camera, I always found my ipod touch quite limited surfing the net because it does not have flash player. My massive 4.3 inch screen is brilliant too, although it does not look quite as good as the ip4 retina display but tbh it must be the next best screen anyway. When it comes to Apple you know you are getting a top quality bit of kit but at a high price but they also hold their value really well, my HTC dhd is not worth much more than 200 quid already where as an iPhone is worth 350 quid all day long, so if you're flush and don't mine paying for everything maybe Apple is the way to go and if you don't want to pay for everything you download yet still want a quality bit of kit then the HTC is a worthy rival. :thumbs: