Drivers Wing Mirror - glass removal please

Dragonball

Just noticed that my wing mirror has a slight 'wobble' and could do with tightening...

This means removing the glass from the unit to get to the inner bolt..

A numpty question but not sure how and from which side to prise the mirror off to get behind (did a search) as dont want to break it

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Just noticed that my wing mirror has a slight 'wobble' and could do with tightening...

This means removing the glass from the unit to get to the inner bolt..

A numpty question but not sure how and from which side to prise the mirror off to get behind (did a search) as dont want to break it

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

If I remember corectly tou prise it up from the bottom and it has 2 tags at the top which then slot out.

• 1 year later...

Just making sure this is the same problem... the whole wing mirror unit is loose (wobbles) agaisnt the car

you can see a slight gap agaisnt the rubber surround when i lift it up, this gets progressively worse so didnt want to keep wobbling it in case the whole thing comes off!

It would make sense for this to be tightened from within the car though, for example taking off the trim and tweeter and tightening from that sort of area, is this correct??? :shrug:

• 1 month later...