calling all birdview owners

George Dredd

I know, I know, I'm just trying to make it slightly less crap by getting the maps updated as Nissan wanted about 240 quid for the disk, I don't even know if its possible to use a copied disk, so if anyone can shed some light I'd be grateful.

Anyone?

Hello?

:tumbleweed:

I've heard they can be bought on eBay for far less, never tried one though. They will probably be an encrypted disc, so a simple burnt copy from a computer won't do much. To be honest, I've never had a problem with my Birdview system. I like the original stereo system too, so the hassle of changing the satnav will be a pain in the rear...

I've heard they can be bought on eBay for far less, never tried one though. They will probably be an encrypted disc, so a simple burnt copy from a computer won't do much. To be honest, I've never had a problem with my Birdview system. I like the original stereo system too, so the hassle of changing the satnav will be a pain in the rear...

Yeah, I've seen them from time to time on EBay varying from £30-80. I have a feeling that the Bird View is installed in a few other Nissans so it's worth checking compatibility.

Pete

When I bought my car in 2009 I found some discussion threads saying that the disk could get scratched in the reader and eventually stop working. the recomendation at the time was to copy the disk, save the original and use the copy. You need a DVD+RW DL drive but any Data Copy software works. The DVD is used for high capacity storage and is not encrypted like a movie. I made a copy which works fine. The original is stored safely.

If anyone gets updated maps from one of the various cheap websites I'd be interested to know if they work OK as I'm thinking of taking my car down to Italy for a while.

Hope this helps, Lee.