Exhaust - decision made at last!

ScottyZ

It's going to be a Tanabe Medalion Touring including 'Y' pipe. Having read many, many articles, reviews ect. have come to the conclusion that this system offers me a good combination of a deep sound, discreet looks, excellent build quality and some extra ponies for a middle of the road price. Many thanks to Realneal for all the info about his experiance of the Tanabe on his 370Z.

Going to be getting it through Tarmac when the 'Y' pipe is back in stock which will hopefully be early June. Having spoke to Tarmac today found it quite reassuring that he is going to get one for his vehicle (not sure whether he's got a 350 or 370).

One last thing - What do people do with the OEM exhaust once removed? Has anyone tried selling one on EBAY or is it worth next to nothing? I would prefer to try and get some cash for it rather than it gather dust in the garage.

Cheers,

Scotty.

Keep it in case you sell up and want to put it back to stock. You can sell the tanabee seperately.

That's my plan anyway, you won't get any extra for the car with a zorst on it from what I've seen.

+1 and you won't even get peanuts for it now, but as I have seen with the 350's over the last six or so years on here, once owners start selling their 370's in the years to come those who have dumped their OEM exhaust will be kicking themselves they didn't keep it when you can recover quite a good proportion of the ££££'s spent, selling the aftermarket exhaust on to others ;)

Currently, for example, 350 Nismo exhausts in good condition will fetch near on 3/4 the new price paid 4 or more years earlier :D

You're welcome Scotty. Mine is sat nicely in my garage to be put back on in 2 years (if i sell my beloved Z). The Tanabe should fetch a few quid.

I was surprised to see that there was some evidence of rust on the stock system when I put it in the garage.

+1 on keeping it, when I fitted a Borla to my old RX-8, I gave my stock one away :doh: So when it came time to sell, I was stuck without a stock one to sell on my Borla. Luckily, I got a buyer who was willing to swap his stock one and part with some cash :dance:

Have you noticed how heavy the stock one is? The cats also weigh the equivelant of 2 moons!! :lol: