Which camera???

iain10101

I have recently had my camera sent to camera heaven and im lost now :byebye: . So im looking for a camera, without going the full Digital SLR route, as slightly overpriced??. Im after something similar to what i previously had, it was a fuji with a fixed lens but looked like a 'proper camera'. I made the mistake of popping into the local PC WORLD this afternoon :doh: I came out more confused than i was when i entered! So what i learned is that most cameras are Sh1te and the only ones worth having were over £600+ lenses. So i decided to visit Comet, located Next door. And stood looking at cameras for 20mins and no one came to my rescue. Im guessing if my wife had gone in they would have been there in an instant! So im looking for some advise as to what is worth having and what NOT to buy!.

My only stipulations are that i want something that focuses very quickly or takes about 7fps+ 'at least one out of the 7 may be in focus'. Also something that was good when it came out as the new breed are now.

I have spent over 2 hours on the net today and i swear most of these 'comparisson, best cameras' sites are sponsered by certain manufacturers, as none of them seem to rate the same cameras.

So im hoping you helpful folk will point me in the right direction so i can get one ordered tonight! :thumbs:

:snack::snack::snack:

Happy to give you some tips, im a budding photographer and have spent hours poring over different ones from SLRs to Bridging Cameras (which sounds like the type you might be after? If so look at the Panasonic range, from about £200 to £300 with a built in zoom lens up to about x12 optical zoom, ignore most cameras offering more via digital zoom it just ruins the photo).

Just heading out now but will be on here tomorrow...drop me a PM with the things you want on it, what you want to use it for and your budget and I can suggest a few.

Cheers for that, i have shortlisted two at present that seem to tick all the boxes. First one is a Sony NEX 3, NEX 5 is a bit expensive and the other is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 or equivalent newer model. Both are bridge cameras i believe. But past that im a little lost! :surrender:

have you looked at the Panasonic Lumix tz range, got a tz7 myself (12x zoom, hd movie recording etc etc) takes very good pictures :)

think it's since been superseded by the tz8 and tz10 (last years models) then a big jump to the tz18 and tz20 (this years models)

tz20 review below

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Panasonic ... era_review

worth a look perhaps ?

I recommended a Panasonic Lumix to my parents and they got one for their travels and love it, having had a go myself think its a fantastic piece of kit. Bang for your buck they give a lot for the money you pay.

Buy a second-hand Nikon D300 on e-bay and a couple of second-hand lenses.

Try the Tamron 17-50 2.8 and the Nikon 55-200. Ifnot buy the Nikon 18-200 and never take it off the camera.

If you want a camera to behave like and look like an SLR, buy the best "pro-sumer" on the market.

Simples. :)

There are some cracking camera's out there for quite small money. What make was your last camera or more importantly what media did it use? You could re-use this in your next camera.

Expensive but the Sony NEX.5 gets my vote :thumbs: