anyone care to help a complete idiot?

Matt L

feeling rather stupid at the moment :(, just tried to remove my front bumper and failing to do so wanted to know if any one would be able to help me out? (obviously ill come to you unless your feeling really generous),

but the main reason for feeling stupid is... how in god name do you remove the wheel :|, 1 - i couldnt find a wheel brace and 2 - the wheel brace i have for the ibiza wouldnt go anywhere near it :|

all in all a wasted hour or so trying to work out how i do it all :lol: oh and i did print off and try and follow the guide and still managed to fail :(.

btw im in stoke on trent for anyone willing to help.

Cheers

Matt

feeling rather stupid at the moment :(, just tried to remove my front bumper and failing to do so wanted to know if any one would be able to help me out? (obviously ill come to you unless your feeling really generous),

but the main reason for feeling stupid is... how in god name do you remove the wheel :|, 1 - i couldnt find a wheel brace and 2 - the wheel brace i have for the ibiza wouldnt go anywhere near it :|

all in all a wasted hour or so trying to work out how i do it all :lol: oh and i did print off and try and follow the guide and still managed to fail :(.

btw im in stoke on trent for anyone willing to help.

Cheers

Matt

Matt,

It should be in the boot under the carpet beside the spare wheel mate. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Matt,

You don't really need to take the wheel off mate and you certainly do not require to take the arch liners off. :thumbs:

Just turn the wheel on to full lock to gain easy access to the bolts behind the liner. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

tbf its the bolts behind the liner is ther part where i got stuck, i couldnt see/get to them with the wheel in place unless i was look in the wrong area.. basically what i did was.

> remove all the screws underneath holding the plastic cover,

> moved to wheel well, under the 2 cross head screws at the top by the arch,

> removed some of the body clips from the front/top of the arch,

this is where i got stuck, i dont see where the other screws are other than one right at the very top behind some of the arch but as for the second i have no idea.

its finally back on, seemed to take a bit or wiggling to get it to sit on properly, still not 100% flush on the drivers side weirdly but its like 99% there, all in all lessons learnt today are....

take your time, DO NOT EVER EVER EVER ATTEMPT to do anything remotely car related again as it looks like a 5 year old has had their way with it and thats being generous and if part of the way through you think i really shouldnt be doing this then your right dont do it!

as a result i have an okish looking bumper from a distance so time to save up and replace it at some point :lol:

I had a second pair of hands to keep things lined up correctly.

At least you've had a go and finished the job :thumbs:

true i do currently feel the most manlyest i have ever felt before :lol: just a shame im not happy with how it came out in the end :lol: