370z Rays Alloy Repair

DB 350Z

Hi All!

Im looking for some advice :)

Ok so ive got some damage to one of my rays alloys and really want to get it fixed but im worried about the colour match.

Has anyone on here ever had their 370z rays repaired? If so then how was the colour match?

Also could anyone recommend a good alloy refurb place near falkirk?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure you can powder coat most RAL colours. RAL is a standardized colour chart. It should just be a matter of borrowing a chart or colour chip and comparing it with your wheels.

Worth looking into.

Just googled " RAL silvers " and looked in images and loads of powder coat stuff comes up and some colour charts!!

Thanks for all of the responses :thumbs:

Looks like powder coating is the best solution to make sure that all four match correctly.

The only issue is that Ive read elsewhere about the potential damage to alloy wheels during the powder coating process, something to do with the heat I think. Has anyone had any problems when getting their wheels powder coated?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
The only issue is that Ive read elsewhere about the potential damage to alloy wheels during the powder coating process, something to do with the heat I think. Has anyone had any problems when getting their wheels powder coated?

Get someone that does it right and theres no problem. The 2 main problems are either baking them too hot, or redoing them too many times. If you go to a place with a good rep, it will cost a little more but you will have no problems :thumbs: