Any ideas..?

rancer

My fronts are about to die :( Im currently running RE040's on the front and RE050's (not A's) on the rear (don't blame me, they were on the car when I bought it)

My tyre of choice are a set of VUS on all 4 corners. However nowhere seems to have the Vreds in stock on the front. Does anybody know of anywhere that does?

I don't really want to drop down further than that though - so does anyone have any suggestions?

Some body mentioned Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 to me but I have zero experience of them.

Camskill don't appear to have RE050A in stock for the rears.

What would peoples opinions be on getting PS2s for the front only? Cannot really justify £800 on all 4 corners in one go when the rears still have about 5mm

Never known it to be this awkward to get tyres!

not really, but you shouldnt to be honest. Firstly it is a lower side wall height so the ride will become a bit more bumpy, secondly your speedo will be out, and will be reading faster then what your actually doing meaning worse fuel consumption..... But I guess it will work!

Speedo will read a couple percent too fast, so id actually be doing less than what it said

I could bump the fronts to 235 40 18 - that would make the overall size difference less, but it would change the stagger on the wheels from front to back..

Alternative is to just get 225 40 18 VUS now and keep the rear RE050s until 245 40 18 VUS are available.

Not sure which is the best of a bad bunch of options!!

235s at the front will make the car slightly more oversteery as you've shifted the grip levels forward, which isn't the greatest idea really as you significantly compromise the balance of the car. That said, no reason you couldn't run 255 on the rear to compensate.

Is there nowhere out there apart from Camskill or Tyremen that can get hold of the VUS in the right sizes? I've used Event Tyres in the past and found them to be very good, might be worth a punt. I really wouldn't suggest running any mixed combo over a set of matched tyres, so working on the basis that you can't get hold of the VUS at all then a set of the Hankooks isn't the worst idea in the world. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late, but ffor future reference, having used both the Falken F452's and the Kankook Ventus Evo V12's, I would say the Hankooks are about 5-10% better. There are some newer Hankook Evo's out, the S1 Evo's and they are doing really well in recent tyre tests.