nissan 350z automatic?

yoyo59

Hi mate, mines semi auto and i think its great. Im sure some people will try and tell you otherwise but ill bet half of them have not even driven an auto 350z. Iv driven both and took the auto, i drive it in 'manual' a lot but its handy to pop into auto in traffic or in my case to drink various gym supplements without covering the car trying to change gear. I find the gear changes quick and with my throttle controller extremely responsive. Iv taken my car around the track, drifting and 1/4 mile (beating an rx7 turbo) and its took it all in its stride. Any questions, fire away.

The autos are semi auto because you can have manual gear changes by tapping the gear stick forward or aft. Unlike some, you can actually leave it in gear and bounce off the rev limiter without changing up automatically-hence you have to manally change up.

:welcome:

best person to ask is marzman. He had one for quite a while

Thanks Mike.

Welcome Yoyo...

Yes, i had an Auto for 2.5 years, and i loved it. I've now got a manual, which is also excellent but totally different.

All Auto's are in fact Semi Auto, or 'Tiptronic' as its known. They have 5 gears, but you just select 'Drive' and it will use all gears from there. However if you push the gearstick to the left you go into tiptronic mode, and then pushing back or forwards on the stick changes gear for you. There is about a 1 second delay when doing this.

Speed wise, the Auto's are just as quick as the manual in my opinion, although you do lose some of the fun as you cant change down and match the revs heel & toe style with the auto...

If you do a lot of driving and sit in traffic jams, then the auto is an excellent option. They're very reliable too - i've only read of 1 failure in several years on here... compared to a lot og clutch/gearboxes on the manual cars... :p

Lastly, you probably allready know this but all Auto's are imports, but there's nothing wrong with that. :thumbs:

just what I expected from nissan.. great reliability :D .. thanks to all for this info.. didn't know that!.. hopefully i'll be looking to buy one around august.. thanks all :).. and i've also noticed a gt version and some with 276 and 300 bhp? also theres like a nissan 350z but it looks more like a lexus?

my cousin has a infinti g35 he lives in america.. and it looks like a 350z but the lexus look?

his car is on car domains

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3259788/2 ... i-g/page-2