Keyless Remote starter for the Zed

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Been interested in this for a while, theres looks to be some crap on offer but this is the info on the one that i'd be interested in... Im not sure on fitting etc so I might get one and take it to my auto guy to test...

What do you guys think ??? Good, bad all comments welcome :thumbs:

It comes supplied with two 4-button Remote Transmitters used to control system operations.

The built-in remote start feature is designed to offer maximum convenience by remote starting your vehicle's engine, turning on the heater/air conditioner, and then running for a pre-determined time to provide a comfortable environment once you enter your vehicle.

To ensure safety and security of the system while it is remote started, the starter employs several safeguards. In the event the brake pedal is pressed while the engine is remotely running, the remote start will immediately shutdown to prevent unauthorized users from attempting to drive the vehicle. The system is equipped with a hood pin input to prevent access to the engine compartment while the vehicle is remotely running. finally, the Valet Mode prevents the remote start feature from operating in the event the vehicle is to be serviced.

Features

4-BUTTON REMOTE CAR STARTER w/ KEYLESS ENTRY

TWO 4-BUTTON CODE HOPPING REMOTE CONTROLS

RMP SENSING FOR REAL TIME CRANKING

TACHLESS RPM LEARNING INDICATION

GAS OR DIESEL MODE W/ GLOW PLUG INPUT

COLD START TIMER (PROGRAMMABLE)

DEDICATED STARTER OUTPUT FOR FACTORY SECURITY BYPASS

STARTER DISABLE OUTPUT FOR ANTI-GRIND

FACTORY DISARM/ REARM OUTPUT

STOP AND GO FEATURE

LED LIGHT

FLASHING PARKING LIGHTS

PROGRAMABLE RUN TIME - 15 or 25 MINUTES

PROGRAMABLE COLD START TIMER EVERY (1 or 2 HOUR)

USE SELECTABLE AUTO LOCK

usa-pro-4-button-remote-1407big.jpg

It sounds like a nice piece of kit, but with all these systems on the Zed how will it get past the depressing of the clutch? :blink:

I have no idea :lol:

Its designed to work with them though.... Might take a punt and see, the only thing that concerns me most is insurance... I reckon although it says at his all these anti-theft security measures on it, it might still be an issue with your insurers.

:shrug:

It sounds like a nice piece of kit, but with all these systems on the Zed how will it get past the depressing of the clutch? :blink:

I have no idea :lol:

Its designed to work with them though.... Might take a punt and see, the only thing that concerns me most is insurance... I reckon although it says at his all these anti-theft security measures on it, it might still be an issue with your insurers.

:shrug:

Could be a question for Tim or Ollie before purchasing.

Not sure how its wired in but beware that uk & us ignition systems are different. I found this out trying to install a s2000 starter button - the only way i could get it working was whenever the clutch was pressed then the car would start. We checked all the wiring & couldnt get it running :(

Not sure how its wired in but beware that uk & us ignition systems are different. I found this out trying to install a s2000 starter button - the only way i could get it working was whenever the clutch was pressed then the car would start. We checked all the wiring & couldnt get it running :(

Good info there bud, I will look into that :thumbs: