Goodwood FoS - which day?

Chris`I

Going to go to Goodwood Festival of Speed this year but dont know whether to do the Saturday or Sunday. Anyone know whats best or whats the difference? Price is the same either way. Also is grandstand worth getting?

Iv been the past 2 years,and to be honest its so mobbed that you dont get to see as much as you would like. Then by the same token,if your sat up in the grandstand,then your not walking around seeing all the other cars etc. Its a great day out,but dont expect to see everything in one day.

Im also going to try to go to the Pageant of Power,which sounds like a similar thing,but shouldnt be as busy,and is up north near Chester. Maybe worth a look.

If you go, try and stand near the start line for a bit, i just cant believe how hard they launch some of these multi million pound super rare old beasts :scare: they totally screw the sh*t out of them :teeth: and you hear some pretty exotic engine notes V8s; V10s; V12s....V16s!! Heaven :cloud9:

Agreed, there's too much to see to spend all your time in a stand.

I did find that if you walk up the hill a bit for a different view, some of the stands were free anyway. And two days would be ideal, one to wander, and one to watch all of the action, but that's a fair commitment then.

Either way, it's a great day out. :thumbs: