Battery Sizes and Amp Hours

Argyll

I bought a new battery today from Halfrauds but the one stated on their guidance books (HB005) was a different size to my old one and the pegs were larger meaning I would have to change the terminals leads to suit. I also would have struggled trying to get it to fit in the battery tray. I found one the exact same size as my old one but the amp hours were only 330 as opposed to the one I'm told I should use which is 480. However my old battery was only 300ah and it worked fine for about 3 years. Would it make much difference?

I'm wondering if the battery is different for JDM's as the battery tray on mine would struggle to fit Halfrauds recommended one.

I bought a new battery today from Halfrauds but the one stated on their guidance books (HB005) was a different size to my old one and the pegs were larger meaning I would have to change the terminals leads to suit. I also would have struggled trying to get it to fit in the battery tray. I found one the exact same size as my old one but the amp hours were only 330 as opposed to the one I'm told I should use which is 480. However my old battery was only 300ah and it worked fine for about 3 years. Would it make much difference?

I'm wondering if the battery is different for JDM's as the battery tray on mine would struggle to fit Halfrauds recommended one.

Battery and terminals are different on a JDM IIRC

your amp hours are the capacity of the battery, generally the more you spend the more amp hours it has as it is a better quality unit. If you run the car frequently, don't leave it for long periods and you don't have big loading on the system such as a heafty ICE system then a lower amp hour will do you fine with no noticeable difference.

your amp hours are the capacity of the battery, generally the more you spend the more amp hours it has as it is a better quality unit. If you run the car frequently, don't leave it for long periods and you don't have big loading on the system such as a heafty ICE system then a lower amp hour will do you fine with no noticeable difference.

Generally the uk sized battery is cheaper than the jdm one, but once the terminals are factored in it still works out better to get a uk battery IMO.