OEM Rear LED Lights OFFER

holdcroft2005

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arrived this morning and allready fitted,a big thanks to m13kyf your tips made it a doddle cheers mike :thumbs: ,now can i change the front .

max.

is there a fitting guide for the rear lights? I cant find it :blush:

Don't know for JDM as connectors are all different. There was one on the old site

arrived this morning and allready fitted,a big thanks to m13kyf your tips made it a doddle cheers mike :thumbs: ,now can i change the front .

max.

Don't know for JDM as connectors are all different. There was one on the old site

not to worry my lights are not arriving untill tomorrow anyway , so hopefully someone else can post up what problems arise, before I rip into my box of goodies :teeth:

max.

Surely your joking :scare:

max.

apparently JDM' have different connectors, nothing to worry about I'm sure ;)

Guest prescience

max.

That is true.

IIRC it is simply a case of removing the connectors from the new and the old lights and rewiring the old connector to the new cable. At least, I can't see why you can't use that approach - once you've sussed +,-, switch etc

If you're unsure, any electrical bod would do it in about 15 mins :D

max.

That is true.

IIRC it is simply a case of removing the connectors from the new and the old lights and rewiring the old connector to the new cable. At least, I can't see why you can't use that approach - once you've sussed +,-, switch etc

If you're unsure, any electrical bod would do it in about 15 mins :D

no I'm sure I can manage Dorian ;) just like to know any info before cutting wires :D to be frank I'm sure they will be the same , cant for the life of me see any reason for a different connector??

Guest prescience

Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

No, definitely different JDM connector - Giles imported his LEDs from japan (or picked them up when he was out there), it was him that put the fitting instructions with pics up on the old site and it did involve cutting and there was a spare wire on new or old, I can't recall exactly - some minor issue anyway. PM him, I'm sure he'll help in the spirit of good for all owners and all that

Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

No, definitely different JDM connector - Giles imported his LEDs from japan (or picked them up when he was out there), it was him that put the fitting instructions with pics up on the old site and it did involve cutting and there was a spare wire on new or old, I can't recall exactly - some minor issue anyway. PM him, I'm sure he'll help in the spirit of good for all owners and all that

Thanks Dorian, will wait untill I get em tomorrow, may take a few pics for the other JDM guys, :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

Thanks Dorian, will wait untill I get em tomorrow, may take a few pics for the other JDM guys, :thumbs:

Could this be your first entry in the 'Guides' section coming up ;):yahoo:

Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

could be :headhurt:

Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

pics as promised of JDM fitting' the lights fit straight in , just the connectors have 3 spigots running down their length that require removal before they will locate in the 06 units, just trim them off with a sharp craft knife and they slide straight in :thumbs: 10 min job (sorry about poor quality photos , a bit dark now in my garage ;) )

connector before trimming

connectorbefore.jpg

connector during trimming

connectorduring.jpg

connector ready to go into 06 tail light unit

connectorafter.jpg

Tim,

I know YOU can manage ;)

pics as promised of JDM fitting' the lights fit straight in , just the connectors have 3 spigots running down their length that require removal before they will locate in the 06 units, just trim them off with a sharp craft knife and they slide straight in :thumbs: 10 min job (sorry about poor quality photos , a bit dark now in my garage ;) )

connector before trimming

connectorbefore.jpg

connector during trimming

connectorduring.jpg

connector ready to go into 06 tail light unit

connectorafter.jpg

excellent Tim. Same process as the UK Z's. I wonder if they have changed the plug on the lights compared to what has been bought from Japan in the past or dod Giles go OTT and not spot the subtle difference :headhurt: