drivers window gone?

christianmg

Hey guys,

Just back from a 3hr drive home, and the last hour was done with the window open, lucky its a nice day! :D

Yesterday when I was trying to put the window up automaticaly, it would go half way up and then stop and go back down again. (ive read some things on the posts here and seen that I can do a rest), but now the window wont respond to anything. Its down in the drivers door and it wont come back up.

Does this sound like the motor is gone or will a rest fix it??

will this be enough?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=141

But, how do I remove the door pannel??

and will I be able to push the glass up so the window will be closed tonight??

Mine stopped working (albeit over a few weeks, not suddenly). Ended up stuck in the up position. Have a search for my older thread (month ago i think). There is a link on there for door-card removal etc. I ended up getting Cookbot (techie guru) to take the door apart (easy) and remove the motor (easy) - it needed a damn good clean on the contact points of the bushes and motor. They were so dirty it stopped responding to the button presses. Can you till here a 'click' when you try to use the window? If so it still has power to the motor, but no response. Might need the reset procedure, or cleaning. Worst case, :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: for a spare motor, far cheaper than Ni$$an !

Zugara if your ever in belfast pints are on me!!!!

A temp fix to get your window back up is:

Bang on door panel repetitively, above window switch, while depressing switch at the same time. The regulator contacts will make connectivity and the window will roll back up. In the end, you'll need to have it replaced though...

andyvvc gonna check out your thread later this evening, and get on that next week, but just up from a massive drive after seeing a great gig last night, want to get a shower and chill in the sun for the rest of the day, but make sure the car was locked up!!

Zugara if your ever in belfast pints are on me!!!!

A temp fix to get your window back up is:

Bang on door panel repetitively, above window switch, while depressing switch at the same time. The regulator contacts will make connectivity and the window will roll back up. In the end, you'll need to have it replaced though...

andyvvc gonna check out your thread later this evening, and get on that next week, but just up from a massive drive after seeing a great gig last night, want to get a shower and chill in the sun for the rest of the day, but make sure the car was locked up!!

I come to belfast every 3 months or so. So I will take you up on that. :thumbs:

Glad it worked for you... :yahoo:

Christian,

If you find that eventually you do require a new power window motor then the best place to buy these is right here, on the forum, no need to go abroad for them, as by the time you pay the shipping and the tax and duty you will be close to my price.

You will also have the added insurance of a 24 month no quibble warranty on my parts so if the motor fails then I simply send you another one. :yahoo:

Take the hassle and potential warranty issues out of the equation and support your forum traders and receive genuine Nissan parts and after sales service second to none. :#1:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=43453

Alex :)

I'm doing motor repairs. I take your old one and give you a refurbished one with brand new brushes in it. Nissan want £300 for a new one, I'll do it for £100. Nuff said

^^^^ Cookbot helped to fix mine. He certainly knows what he is doing, so if he's local to you, worth sending him a PM.