HKS full dual - will this fit?

Glenn1981

Well as you can see here there are 2 different versions.....confused.com!!

HKSFULLDUAL.jpg

nengun-1835-00-hks-full_dual.png

I am guessing one you would have to trim the diff cover and the other you wouldn’t?

Guess I better find out which is which, thoughts on this peeps?

Also been looking and researching the diff cover and there isn’t too much in the way of trimming, but I am guessing it would be the front fins that the UK Zeds have that would need trimming?  Looks like aluminium, so simple angle grinder?

Cheers

Email HKS Europe. There is apparently a European version with a different part number.

I found my reply on the same topic from last year:

"Are you talking about the HKS HiPower True Dual? If so, there's a UK version and a US/JDM version. The UK version is designed to fit straight on.

The UK version is 32009-AN002. The US (and I assume JDM) version is 32009-BN001 - this requires modification to fit UKDM cars. I confirmed this with HKS Europe earlier this year when I was shopping for a new exhaust.

The HKS replica system linked to above is 2.25" diameter, which is the same as standard."

HTH

Email HKS Europe. There is apparently a European version with a different part number.

I found my reply on the same topic from last year:

"Are you talking about the HKS HiPower True Dual? If so, there's a UK version and a US/JDM version. The UK version is designed to fit straight on.

The UK version is 32009-AN002. The US (and I assume JDM) version is 32009-BN001 - this requires modification to fit UKDM cars. I confirmed this with HKS Europe earlier this year when I was shopping for a new exhaust.

The HKS replica system linked to above is 2.25" diameter, which is the same as standard."

HTH

Cheers for the assistance Animal!

on looking, the 32009-BN001 is the Hi Power US version as you say, this is a different design and has straight cans. This would be too loud, probably too different to my Buddy Club.

The two above are 32009 - AN001 this was an early model that no longer exists, they had to re-design it for the JDM market to meet new JASMA regs.

The 32009 - AN002 is the later and current one. I think the is the one with the pipes before the cans apart, rather than together, so fingers crossed this will clear the Diff cover, but probably not :thumbdown:

Thanks again mate!

Spoke to a guy at HKS Europe who actually owns a 350z himself and he said they have never heard of diff clearance issues with the UK Zeds on this exhaust and they have imported and sold loads over the years.

Aparently the one I am looking at is the only one they bring into the UK and there is no clearance issues with the diff. The USDM is the one that has fitment issues.

I think I will go for it, but something tells me Ian may be on to something. Still trimming the diff fins doesnt sound too bad and if not there will be a way around it!

Cheers for your help and hope this helps others in the fututre!