Autotrader 350z - ?

weewizard

Looks like a stunning car for the money (is that really nismo alloys? Or just lookalikes? Whatever, they look quite schweet...)

It must be a Jap import as it's tiptronic, as the tip isn't available here (also can see it's a Jap import from "Fairlaydy" badge. So no Nissan warranty. Also notice it's not GT pack (so cloth seats.) This is not neccesarily bad (some people prefer cloth seats), but that may make it a slightly less compelling deal as for only a few grand more you can just about buy a UK car with GT pack (unless I'm mistaken, if so please someone correct me.)

The wheels are look a likes, its deffo a Jap import.

The waranty is provided by the garage its up for sale with.

My budget is 15 k max so really the GT is out of my range.

I will have money left over to give it some TLC by way of ICE / new wheels etc.

Cheers

More than likely limited to 112mph as well, all JDM cars when manufactured are limited to 112, you can buy a piggyback device that removes it tho.

TBH it's not a bad deal, I do know a number of people have enjoyed the tiptronic box on the car.

Get it bought.

Does the steering wheel look out of line? or is it just the way the car is parked?

cheers

richard

Depends if he took the photos of the interior at the same time as the exterior. If he did, then I would say it's slightly out of line as the wheels look dead straight on the side photo and the steering wheel would suggest that they would point slightly towards the road. Then again, maybe the fact that 2 wheels are up on the pavement has something to do with it. :wacko:

Not so sure about buying an auto though, spoils the fun of driving

I've got auto / triptronic - does just about the opposite of spoils the fun :thumbs:

Sounds like a bargain - GT pack doesn't matter for that price. If you get tired of the cloth seats maybe look at a breakers for scraps. Always seems to be one advertised on ebay! :D

Not so sure about buying an auto though, spoils the fun of driving

I've got auto / triptronic - does just about the opposite of spoils the fun :thumbs:

Sounds like a bargain - GT pack doesn't matter for that price. If you get tired of the cloth seats maybe look at a breakers for scraps. Always seems to be one advertised on ebay! :D

Hi Can you explain how an auto is more fun than a manual?

I had an M3 with an SMG II gear box (paddleshift) which was at the time 52 plate, the best auto type box in the world, gear changes in 180th of a second in its most ferocious mode. It was great fun for a while, but there is nothing like to control a manual gives you.

I was also unfortunate enough to have a FTO at my disposal for 3 months which had a tiptronic box, although that was very horrible and clunky.

However I have not used the tiptronic box in a Z, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying its the worlds worse and I don't have direct experience of that particular box, however in my opinion I have never driven a car with an auto box that can match a manual.

If I was driving 100 miles a day on motorways or in city traffic, then maybe its a different story, but for country lane driving, I think my point stands

I think you have a point - on windy / country roads manual wins hands down. For heavy driving it's advantageous. TBH it's a cracking car in both options. I find the triptronic feature a lot of fun as it feels like you're driving a manual but it feels like it has an edge! Horses for courses I suppose though :thumbs: