I am so mad I could KILL!!

Emperor Ming

Cut and pasted from the telegraph and on the news today!!!!!!

Government windfall for criminal drug addicts

By Neil Tweedie and PA

Last Updated: 6:48pm GMT 13/11/2006

Nearly 200 criminals who were forced to stop taking heroin in jail have won payouts from the Prison Service, it was confirmed tonight.

A spokeswoman said the Home Office had "reluctantly" settled out of court to save the full cost of defending a test case involving six prisoners and former prisoners, brought under human rights laws.

The Tories accused the Government of suffering a "massive failure of political nerve" in not fighting the case in the High Court.

advertisementThe inmates, who were dependent either on heroin or the heroin substitute methadone, claimed they suffered "trespass" and clinical negligence by the Prison Service in being forced to endure short, sharp detoxification programmes.

They were said by their lawyers to be upset by the short time they were allowed to stay on opiate drugs while on remand or following the start of sentences.

They alleged breaches under Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which bans torture and inhuman or degrading treatment; Article 8, which protects private life; and Article 14, which prohibits discrimination.

Their case was funded by taxpayers through legal aid.

David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said the decision to settle stemmed from the Government's desire to avoid the embarrassment of being defeated by its own Human Rights Act, which incorporates the convention into English Law.

He said that the case set a "disastrous" precedent.

Ann Widdecombe, the former Tory prisons minister, said: "It's an insult to every victim and every law abiding person.

"As far as I'm concerned there is no human right to continue a drug habit when you go to prison."

Now stop me if I am wrong but isn't taking drugs AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!

The prison service has to pay prisoners money - potentially lots of money - for stopping them committing offences, or for not giving them drugs to help them recover from the effects of committing offences.

I have said this before but anyone who goes to jail is an OUTLAW. the literal meaning of this word is 'Outside of the law' EVERY LAW in my books so Human Rights and all other RIGHTS go out of the window. did they consider the human rights of the person they stole the car from or whose house they burgled or, or, or, or. Of course they didn't.

worse still, because so many addicts, or ex addicts, are overdosing fatally when they come out of prison the prisons are considering 're-toxifying them before they come out so that first hit of an ILLEGAL BLEEDIN' DRUG does not kill them. We are all sentient free thinking beings who make our own decisions, including our decision to take drugs and we should suffer the consequences of those decisions accordingly.

Wait until one of these 're-toxified' prisoners sues the prison for getting them back onto drugs!! that should be good for a giggle.

I am absolutely disgusted.

Ming the Infuriated

Ming I agree, but I tell you, Blair is the one who needs to be locked up, yet again his celeb style leadership is all about trying to hide from his own cockups and avoid the issues. It's time someone kicked this pr1cks ar5e all the way back to whether ever the ponce comes from

Vive La revolution

:rant::boxing::angry::yuck::thumbdown:

Ming,

Dont worry if this does drive you to kill, as you probably wont go to prison for it anyway, as that would be a breach of your human rights to express your dissapointment with the ludicrous decision.

Sorry to say, but I used to be proud to be British. Now our country is nothing more than a joke to the rest of the world. We cant even punish those who do wrong without fear of some form of retribution due to our involvement with Europe and all the daft rules & regulations that are generated. Rules which we seem to be the only daft idiots following.

Ming,

I feel your torment. Our country is f*cked. Bring back Maggie Thatcher. She'd never have taken this crap. Sadly, almost every day there's a news story along the "soft touch Britain" line that infuriates me.

Get out now, flee this God forsaken place while you still can..... :plane:

Ming,

I feel your torment. Our country is f*cked. Bring back Maggie Thatcher. She'd never have taken this crap. Sadly, almost every day there's a news story along the "soft touch Britain" line that infuriates me.

Get out now, flee this God forsaken place while you still can..... :plane:

I think everyone else is getting to think like that as well, heard in the news that upwards of 1000 UK citizens a week or was it a day :scare: were leaving our shores for places such as Spain ,France , Portugal etc..only trouble is were importing a larger number back from Poland / Rumania etc.. :rant:

Airport here I come :plane:

We cant even punish those who do wrong without fear of some form of retribution due to our involvement with Europe and all the daft rules & regulations that are generated.

I fail to see what these things have to do with eachother.

It is the european legislation on human rights which has caused this farce in the first place.

If we hadnt signed up to such a wooly and farcical agreement, we wouldnt have every man and his dog claiming "human rights" whenever they feel a punishment is too harsh.

I always said I'd leave the country if two things happened - they gave criminals compensation for 'human rights' reasons, and if they put those black boxes in cars to track you. We're half way there!! :angry::rant::angry::rant:

Completely agree with you Ming, country finally gone made. I'm with Marc, Vive La Revolution!! :D

Heres a quote:

One former drug dealer, Mark Phillips, 38, said he was not given any treatment for his addiction for three months at Elmley Prison on the Isle of Sheppey.

As a result he said he became ill and eventually collapsed on his prison wing, after which he was given some sleeping pills.

He told The Sun newspaper: "I am extremely happy with the award. Those of us who have done this lawsuit are not money-grasping. We are deserving cases."

So he is a convicted drug DEALER, and he is a "deserving" case?

Deserving of a bolt gun to the head yes, but up to £3,800 because he couldn't get a fix in prison? What the hell is going wrong with this country? He is a ruddy drug dealer and he's getting compo.

:headhurt:

POLITICAL RANT WARNING. :rant:

The law should say you lose your human rights as soon as you commit a crime that imposes on someones human rights, i.e. the right to not have possessions knicked or get a kicking for looking the wrong way.

My second law is we then send them all to Iraq so they know who lucky they are.

I'll vote for any party that does that.

Words fail me they really really do. Theres so much I'd like to say on this topic but I just get so mad I can't speak - or type much!

I think the first thing to point out is that all drugs are available on the prison black market so quite how they weren't getting any I don't know.

Secondly who the hell cares if they think their human rights have been infringed? WTF!!!!!!! :angry::rant::rant::rant::rant: I was always of the opinion the the prison service was designed to deter people from committing crime. Until the places are made back into that then we're just going to have people quite happy to go in there.

As has been stated before can you see Maggie Thatcher standing for this crap? No and the country has been in a far sorrier state since she went.

Ming for Prime Minister!!!