Strut Bar measurement

evilscorp

Just finished installing my new cam cover and MD plenum but had problems geting the strut back on with the new spacers had to turn the bolt a few times back and forth and totally forgot how many times i had turned it :wacko: before I tighten it back up can someone undo the two side bolts and measure the gap(thred) when the two outside bolts come together with the middle one? will put a pic up later if people dont know what I mean.

Thanks.

my spacer is so thick i have to adjust it by eye to keep it off the plenum and still allow the bonnet to close, and after a drive readjust it as it settles a bit. You dont want it rattling off your plenum... it sounds realllllly bad, trust me.

it needs to be set to the correct torque setting

On that point does an aftermarket strut brace need this only the one's i have seen dont seem to have anything like the standard one. :shrug:

Or do they just bolt to the inner wing?

On that point does an aftermarket strut brace need this only the one's i have seen dont seem to have anything like the standard one. :shrug:

I was thinking that, the Summit :) is just a bar and two end plates. :shrug:

I was thinking that, the Summit :) is just a bar and two end plates. :shrug:

So how do they work as well as the standard one then when quite clearly the standard one applies pressure across the inner wings by connecting to the top suspension mountings? ;) I took mine off the other week and when i released the pressure you could certainly hear some movement across the body. :)

i think thats the thing, nissan did a good job first time round, it might be uggly but it did the job, all these aftermarket struts non of them say they improve the handling of the car, its just engine bay tart ware. and yes i had one :lol: fair enough it will make a difference if there was nothing there in the first place like on a lot of cars, but on the zed i don't think it makes any difference. or maybe possibly worse. as they don't allow for fine tuning :shrug:

i think thats the thing, nissan did a good job first time round, it might be uggly but it did the job, all these aftermarket struts non of them say they improve the handling of the car, its just engine bay tart ware. and yes i had one :lol: fair enough it will make a difference if there was nothing there in the first place like on a lot of cars, but on the zed i don't think it makes any difference. or maybe possibly worse. as they don't allow for fine tuning :shrug:

But my question is now does the pressure that the standard one applies across the inner wings make any difference to the handling and flexibility of the body when quite clearly aftermarket one's dont ;)

But my question is now does the pressure that the standard one applies across the inner wings make any difference to the handling and flexibility of the body when quite clearly aftermarket one's dont ;)

i think its only really going to be noticable on the track with someone who knows the car well rinsing every last ounce out of the car.

the car feels floppy under hard cornering without one all together