Measurement request. ( In the engine bay)

Sam Mcgoo

Does anyone have access to their Zed and a tape measure?

I'm away from my car and am after the distance between the back of the passenger-side fuel rail (where the dampener is fitted) to the VIN plate on the side of the Brake master cylinder surround. Does that make sense? :wacko:

The reason being when I fit my AAM fuel regulator I'm gonna have to mount it where the VIN plate is, as there is no room on the bulkhead due to my Kinetix SSV. So I want to order a fuel hose to go from the fuel rail round the back of the engine to roughly where the VIN plate is.

Edit - ....Just found pics of what I need to do so you can see exactly where I mean.

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

Thanks

Sorry no help, but why does that N/A car have a fuel pressure regulator?

Nitrous :shrug:

Only real suggestion unless hes running a rfs on a built n/a motor. i will check the distance on mine tonight for you if no one has done it for you by then

Sorry no help, but why does that N/A car have a fuel pressure regulator?

Nitrous :shrug:

Only real suggestion unless hes running a rfs on a built n/a motor. i will check the distance on mine tonight for you if no one has done it for you by then

I would agree if i could see any signs of nitrous injectors or secondary fuel injection, but there isn't, also pointless running more fuel pressure on a mildly tuned N/A especially with that Kinetix plenum, as hes just lost himself 10-15BHP LOL!

What are those 2 jets in the brake fluid compartment with braided lines coming off them :shrug: Looks likes nitrous to me ;)

Indeed it is. :) He also had problems with the OEM regulator. Here is the original thread: http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-driv ... alled.html

i will check the distance on mine tonight for you if no one has done it for you by then

That would be great Ian, thanks.

I Pm'd the bloke from the original thread above a few days ago but no reply.

What are those 2 jets in the brake fluid compartment with braided lines coming off them :shrug: Looks likes nitrous to me ;)

Beg your pardon, :) i had my favorite's up and didn't see the whole pic, (well thats my excuse anyway ;) ) now I've had a proper look, it fires into the plenum.

I can go and check my 350GT Skyline, as I'm in now, if the dimension's are the same?