Bose CD: Physical blockage & "Secure" message

skyskysky

Having had my 2005 350z for less than a week I'm still driving around just listening to the engine.

However, I just tried to insert a CD in to the 'CD slot' and realised that there is no way of getting a disc in there - there is a flap of some sort physically preventing a CD to be inserted. (It's the BOSE version).

Anyone come across this? Its not much of an issue as I intend to replace the unit eventually but it is irritating.

Not sure if this is linked but when I first got the car - I realised that one of the keys would not start the engine - it would start the radio etc but not get passed the immobiliser (the key is being replaced this week) - one of the things I remember seeing when playing around with the key was the word "SECURE" on the radio message panel.

The radio still works fine - but as I say there is no way to get a CD in to the slot.

Any help/advice?

You have tried the load button and selected the cd slot you want to load to i assume? But its doing nothing. If not have a read of the manual chap if you have one. (Sorry if you already have!)

Otherwise first port of call would be previous owner and ask them about it!

Secure... Not sure about

One of the selector buttons, tape, cassette radio is stuck behind the facia panel, you will need a small blade to ease the panel back thus allowing the button to pop forward.....Simples :lol::lol::thumbs:

I thought the Bose HU were "married" to the car? :shrug:

Therefore swapping one out wouldnt work.. Maybe wrong. :surrender:

I've taken a look and I dont see anything obvious that's stuck unfortunately.

R35LEE - I'm in Ingleby Barwick - I'm not sure there's much to be done with this (I still wonder whether the SECURE message that displayed once on the radio, which was at the same time as the second key failing has something to do with it - but I'd love to be wrong).

So if you were still willing to have a quick look then I'd really appreciate it - I could come to you or meet you somewhere inbetween...? Many thanks.

SECURE message that displayed once on the radio, which was at the same time as the second key failing

The head unit is linked to the immobiliser and only works once a working key (that deactivates the immobiliser) is inserted.

I've seen the "SECURE" on the display when I tried to get 2nd hand keys to work.

SECURE message that displayed once on the radio, which was at the same time as the second key failing

The head unit is linked to the immobiliser and only works once a working key (that deactivates the immobiliser) is inserted.

I've seen the "SECURE" on the display when I tried to get 2nd hand keys to work.

actually linked to the ECU ;)