I bought it!!!

seech

Ok, so after my little sagas I have finally ended up with my 2007 313 GT in black.

It's absolutely fantastic. It's much quicker than I remember, with some seriously addictive engine tones.

Anyway. I was considering doing the iPod mod to the Bose system, but my wife discovered a jack in the covered centre console by the handbrake. There is also a simple on off switch by the driver's left knee. She plugged her iPod in, flicked the switch to on and hey presto, iPod was on.

I can't seem to get it working though. Tried everything bar opening it up. Has anyone got a mod like this? Any ideas on how to get it working?

Apart from a cigarette burn in the headlining, there is only one other issue. Doing 80-90 on the motorway yesterday, the transmission felt like it was wobbling a little through the gear knob. Not all the time, and I don't know if it's speed related - didn't test it (already have 3 points, could do without getting more!). The car has a year's warranty so I am not desperately worried, just wanted to know if this is normal or if anyone had a similar issue.

Thanks for all your help so far. Hopefully get some pics up soon to demonstrate that black is actually the best colour!

hmm weird, maybe the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit in? Check through all the radio frequencies and presets incase its linked to an fm transmitter.

As for the gearbox vibration, it is normal on all cars. im sure fifth gear refereed to it as the palm tickler.

OK - the wife has sorted it (again) for me.

It was on a preset radio channel. So there must be a transmitter in there somewhere.

I can't imagine the sound quality is that good, but I will test it out. It seems a bit odd that someone's gone to that extent to install an iTrip-type gadget.

I am thinking the that the tape mod would be a lot better?

Thanks again for your help!