RAYS alloys refurb colour

HassanZ

What colour?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What colour?

• Standard
    • Slightly darker silver (between standard and gunmetal with a metallic finish)
    • Gunmetal
    • Black
    • Red
    • Blue
    • Gunmetal with a different coloured lip/dish (please specify)
    • Standard with a different coloured lip/dish (please specify)
    • Light grey with a different coloured lip/dish (please specify)
    • Other (please specify)

Hi everyone!

My RAYS wheels have corroded quite badly and need a refurb. I can either keep them the original colour or go for something different.

I am due to get them refubished this Friday. What colour do you guys rekon I should go for?

I have attached a photo of the side of my car:

photo12.jpg

I appreciate your help guys! :thumbs:

Hassan

I vote keep them standard, Also get those splash guards colour coded! :thumbs:;)

Jak

Do you know the paint code for the original wheel colour?

Yeah my mud guards have been bugging me too!! I am going too get them sprayed when I get my front bumper done...

My friend was telling me to wrap them in carbon fibre, what do you think?

Thanks,

Hassan

Gunmetal with a machined/polished lip if you can :thumbs: This is the look I like (though, I may be biased and think gunmetal works on pretty much any car :p):

48725d1153673119-my-dg-coupe-gunmetal-volk-gts-nismo-front-ings-sides-sp-grill-full05.jpg

To be fair that was my original choice! But I was told the polished lip would corrode over the winter months due to road grit? Did yours stay in good condition?

I'm really spoilt for choice!

I'm running out of time :scare:

Gunmetal with a machined/polished lip if you can :thumbs: This is the look I like (though, I may be biased and think gunmetal works on pretty much any car :p):

48725d1153673119-my-dg-coupe-gunmetal-volk-gts-nismo-front-ings-sides-sp-grill-full05.jpg

To be fair that was my original choice! But I was told the polished lip would corrode over the winter months due to road grit? Did yours stay in good condition?

Nah, tbh, i'm having more problems with tar spots in the rears :thumbdown: I just found you had to keep on top of it in winter, which, can be a bit... fun :lol:

Basically, I was rinsing the wheels with distilled water after driving in the salt and giving them a wash with optimum no rinse a few times a week, waxing every week and they also had gtechnic c5 on them. I may go for some winter wheels just to not be faffing with that this year :lol:

I don't think you'll have that much of a problem as there really isn't much lip to the rays, it's when they get a bit large in the back, it starts to have a bit of a tumble dryer effect.

Yeah my mud guards have been bugging me too!! I am going too get them sprayed when I get my front bumper done...

Thanks,

Hassan

Not for me tbh, I'm not mad keen on carbon fibre wraps(dinoc) though anyways, proper carbon though.... I'd still go with colour coded though.

Nah, tbh, i'm having more problems with tar spots in the rears :thumbdown: I just found you had to keep on top of it in winter, which, can be a bit... fun :lol:

Basically, I was rinsing the wheels with distilled water after driving in the salt and giving them a wash with optimum no rinse a few times a week, waxing every week and they also had gtechnic c5 on them. I may go for some winter wheels just to not be faffing with that this year :lol:

I don't think you'll have that much of a problem as there really isn't much lip to the rays, it's when they get a bit large in the back, it starts to have a bit of a tumble dryer effect.

Sounds like hard work!! But yeah that's true...the dish on the RAYS are much shallower.

I'll have to consider this option then!!

Thanks for your help :thumbs:

Thanks,

Hassan

Not for me tbh, I'm not mad keen on carbon fibre wraps(dinoc) though anyways, proper carbon though.... I'd still go with colour coded though.

I'll definitely go for the colour coded option, I just need to sort out when to get the car into the bodyshop! :thumbs:

I was just speaking to my neighbour, he suggested going for a really light silver (lighter than the standard Matt silver on the RAYS at the moment). He says the wheels would look much larger and show the curvature of the spokes really well. He also suggested adding some metallic to it to give it the sparkle finish.

What do you guys rekon?

Has anyone got any pics of light silver metallic wheels?

The guy who's refurbing my wheels is suggesting a 'hyper silver' with metalic effect. He will be making me a sample tomorrow. Anyone got pics of this colour? He says its a couple of shades darker than the original....

Thanks guys