Plenum Spacer and Uprev

Hotpot

My existing insurer won't insure me with engine mods and I'm finding it problematic to get a quote from another insurer despite being 46 years old with 12 years no claims.

Chris Knott won't insure me because I'm in a 'M' postcode.

Admiral can't categorise the plenum spacer so they won't touch it.

Anyone who has the plenum spacer, what company are you insured with and how did you describe the mod?

I can't believe I'm having problems.

Admiral can add it as a "engine mod - +X%" as a generic item. Thats what they did for me. At the time they only had +0% or +10% so they admitted that it should go in +0% as that was the closest. I seem to remember having recently requoted seeing a +5%, that would be a good one to select.

I'm with Adrian Flux and they are aware of the Uprev and Plenum Spacer.

:thumbs:

I got a quote from Adrian Flux for £945 and took it but I can't believe the high price. All this despite being 46 years old and 12 years no claims plus experience driving a performance car for the last 15 years.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay?

Admiral can add it as a "engine mod - +X%" as a generic item. Thats what they did for me. At the time they only had +0% or +10% so they admitted that it should go in +0% as that was the closest. I seem to remember having recently requoted seeing a +5%, that would be a good one to select.

The closest category they had was Engine Chip +10%. But in my opinion, that does not include the spacer as it's only referring to the ECU.

Hmm no it didnt mention chip, it was just engine mod. I'll see if I can dig out what they did it as, should have the old quote somewhere - as I dont have a plenum mod on the 370 didnt need to declare anything this time around.