Nismo V2 spoiler questions

california987

Hi everyone,

Have recently bought a nismo V2 spoiler but would like to fit it myself. I have read a few threads on here about removing the OEM spoiler first - remove bolts, then fishing line to edge it away from it's bonding, but have not found any information regarding fitment for the V2.

Does anyone know if it uses the same holes as the OEM lip? Also what bonding stuff do I need to buy? Silicone? I have no idea so if anyone has a link to any that I could buy that would be great. I have heard of bonding silicone that you can put on your car then at a later date remove it and the spoiler without it stripping all the paint off, not sure what they used though.

Thanks for any help and advice! :)

you will prob have to drill extra holes in the bootlid to fix it down properly, if you mean silicone to bond it, then you should only use the bolts to fixit down with, use some silicone grease around the bolt holes to keep it watertight :thumbs:

I bought it second hand and it had just been removed. There was loads of silicone on all areas as he said the bodyshop put it on with that and just used two bolts. Was just wondering what type of silocone it could be? I might try that silicone sealant that they use for aquariums....

yeah just any sort or silicone sealant will work, clear bathroom sealant will do it but make sure that its mould resistant. plus it sticks like sh*t to sheets. bad point is that if you ever want to remove it then there is alot of silicone stuck to the bootlid which will not be removed bar a respray

the V2 i had , had a fixing at either tip of the base that the body shop had to drill through the boot to attach

i would use a tiger seal or stickoflex bonding (same as bodyshops use) rather than a silicone

Paul

Not long bought a VIS racing V2 replica off eGay... the fit along the centre of the base is very poor, it hangs high in the middle, I'm not sure it even makes contact at any point in the middle.

The route I'm going down is a bolt at the two tips, (towards the pointed tips of the rear lights) and Tiger Seal on the main contact base points on either side just to ensure it sticks in place.

Photoshop attached...

I would DEF not rely on silicon sealant to hold a spoiler on, specially not one the size of the Nismo MK2. Def look into the likes of tiger seal or stickoflex bonding. Tiger seal is much much stronger than silicon and would be more capable of holding it on althogh I would always want at least a couple physical fixings

I looked into getting the V2 and from what I found, 2 of the fixings should be able to reuse the existing holes (or at least need redrilling but be covered by where the standard one would go) but the other 2 would need drilling (although tiger seal instead is the obvious alternative)

If there is a gap in the middle of the spoiler then it sounds like its just a poorly made spoiler. It should fit the tailgate perfectly. The mould they are using is probably flimsy and of poor quality.

Cheers guys very helpful. Hopefully the spoiler will sit flush have not had a look yet, I have now bought some tiger seal and will be using it at the points near the lights then use the existing holes with bolts as well. Does anyone have any tips for removing the standard lip?