Picked up my roadster last saturday

Dave_McC

and had the roof down saturday and sunday. Nice run from East Grinstead to Basingstoke to Winchester and then back again on sunday, savouring the lovely noise it makes B) .

Initial observations are that it's not nearly as quick as my old impreza turbo (which admittedly was chipped), but I suspect it's a bit deceptive as there's no turbo kick in the back. However, it's a lot more comfortable and civilised, and the roof drops :) .

I'm underwhelmed by the Bose stereo. The Audiopilot function was switched on, and this seems to crudely increase and decrease the volume based on its idea of background noise. Also, in silent bits on a CD (eg between tracks) it appears to jack the volume up as there is very noticeable "noise" from the speakers.

Need to get some more miles covered....

Dave

and had the roof down saturday and sunday. Nice run from East Grinstead to Basingstoke to Winchester and then back again on sunday, savouring the lovely noise it makes B)

Congrats :).

Initial observations are that it's not nearly as quick as my old impreza turbo (which admittedly was chipped), but I suspect it's a bit deceptive as there's no turbo kick in the back.

Trust me, it wont be as quick ;) If you want to go fast as hell, get Impreza or Lancer EVO, but if you want to sacrifice some pure acceleration for some style, go 350Z B)B)

I'm underwhelmed by the Bose stereo. The Audiopilot function was switched on, and this seems to crudely increase and decrease the volume based on its idea of background noise. Also, in silent bits on a CD (eg between tracks) it appears to jack the volume up as there is very noticeable "noise" from the speakers.

Turn that thing off, first thing i did was turn that Audiopilot crap off. Apart from that, it's not a bad system, but overrated imho ;)

Need to get some more miles covered...

You do that

Dave :thumbs:

Pleased that you are enjoying your roadster!

I agree with everything you say about the lack of turbo thump in the back but I am looking forward to exploring the top right hand side of the rev counter when the running in period is finished.

The Bose is not as good as I expected :thumbdown: and I am really disappointed in it. Mind you, when the roof is down - who cares??!? :teeth:

Glen

Monkfish

wouldn't waste your time looking for it if I were you - utter carp!

Piccies will follow when I get a chance - hardly been at home since I got her, and it's getting dirty rather fast so will need a wash before I take any piccies.

Dave

Monkfish

wouldn't waste your time looking for it if I were you - utter carp!

Piccies will follow when I get a chance - hardly been at home since I got her, and it's getting dirty rather fast so will need a wash before I take any piccies.

Dave

Checked out the Audiopilot function last night.

Verdict - Pish :thumbdown:

Roof down yesterday driving round to Basingstoke - was a bit cold though...

Can't make my mind up at the moment whether to replace head unit or not. I love the look of the new Pioneer hard disk based double DIN unit - but OMG the price - £2k:scare:.

Dave