spring advice please :)

Mull

Hello fellow owners :teeth:

After lowering the ride height of my zed, for my requirements I am just after getting springs, so i am between Eibach and Tein, the car will be on spacers 25/20 (have rays) which I already have just need to make my mind up on springs before I fit them, ZMANALEX is going to supply them once I’ve made mind up, just have a few questions I am hoping people can answer or at least shed a bit of light

From what I know already the Eibach ones are better quality and seem to be the ones to go for but i am concerned because on paper they lower the car more, at work we have some killer speed bumps is the difference between them that much once the springs have settled??

With the spacers and springs fitted i might have to get a rear chamber kit (SPC if need be) to bring it back into tolerance, if I went with the Tein ones would the chance of this be reduced??

Once fitted is there really much difference between the two regarding look, feel and drive??

Thanks once again for looking :thumbs:

MuLL

I am in the process of deciding between the

- 30mm drop from Eibach

- 14mm (front) / 17mm drop from Tein.

Hopefully people can post some pictures up with a mix of 18" and 19" wheels and springs. Its about getting the balance between still be able to drive places with scraping constantly and getting rid of the that unsightly gap in the arch! :surrender:

hopefully mate :) nice to know someone else is in the same position, hopefully people can help from experience. pictures would cool espically if anyone is running 25/20 spacers on rays forgot to add that in the first post, have tried to search previous posts but havent had much joy

MuLL

I ran eibachs for a year and they were awesome. The handling of the car improved massively with the lower Center of gravity. You can navigate speed bumps but take it easy. If it's the big square type, do not drive over them in the Centre of the car. Go in the middle of the two. The eibachs make the car look fantastic.

Id definitely be very careful of speedramps. My other car which is a golf diesel, i lowered that about -45mm and have to really crawl over speedramps slowly. And even then it sometimes catches them. Even getting in / out of my drive scrapes the exhaust on the road. The 350z seems to have a bit more ground clearance than my lowered golf, but not much, as it still catches something getting up my drive if i drive up it wrong. So, if i lowered the z I dread to think how id manage to get over any speed ramps! Id also have to park it in the street!

I think you may have meant camber. Camber was a little aggressive but looked fantastic. I did have inside tyre wear but the Tyres lasted 18thousand miles or something. There is some adjustment on the oem camber arms on the rear I'm sure

I think you may have meant camber

yea i did :lol: dont know were the h come from.

they should be sufficient adjustment on the rear snail cams, BUT there could be a possibilty i cant, so would have to fit something like a SPC rear camber and toe kit, just didnt know if it was a common problem people come across when they fitted eibach springs, if it isnt think its the kit i am going to go for :thumbs: