pannel filter or jwt pop?

evilscorp

Ive got a homemade (from the looks of it!) induction kit on the car from the previous owner, it looks pants and has sum rust on the filter cone edge surround, so Im geting rid! what would give me better performance a jwt pop charger or a standard airbox(2003) with a cosworth pannel filter? my bumper has a air intake cutout so dont expect high temps to be an issue?

(would only keep this set up for a year or two while I get money for S/C conversion)

I had a Pop Charger almost from the start of getting my Zed, I loved the noise but I have to say when I took it off and put the stock air box back on I was shocked at the difference, the car felt much more lively :drive1

Saying that I have often thought of putting one back on for the noise again :blush:

JWT pop chargers will lose a bit on BHP but give a little bit of grunt. However if you want to get a plenum spacer and a sport exhaust and then follow up with an uprev remap from Abbey down south, or RS up north this will give you the best result.

One does not go without the other. Never forget that after a remap you should get better fuel consumption and the low gear restrictions are removed and torque increases are improved should be better overall?

I had a Pop Charger almost from the start of getting my Zed, I loved the noise but I have to say when I took it off and put the stock air box back on I was shocked at the difference, the car felt much more lively :drive1

A big +1. Had exactly the same experience. Standard airbox with a K&N panel filter these days for me. :thumbs:

Saying that I have often thought of putting one back on for the noise again :blush:

+ spot on.

When it was hot I found my pop charger made the car a little sluggish when pulling away but when i changed it back to a standard box and cosworth filter the car defferently was better on throttle response.

Now then i am not so sure at higher speeds. Once you are travelling along 30mph plus, i feel the pop charger can suck in more colder air than a standard box hence felt a tiny restriction in much higher revs.

I think the pop charger MAY give better results at higher speeds.

Anyone else felt this ?

+ spot on.

When it was hot I found my pop charger made the car a little sluggish when pulling away but when i changed it back to a standard box and cosworth filter the car defferently was better on throttle response.

Now then i am not so sure at higher speeds. Once you are travelling along 30mph plus, i feel the pop charger can suck in more colder air than a standard box hence felt a tiny restriction in much higher revs.

I think the pop charger MAY give better results at higher speeds.

Anyone else felt this ?

Hmmm good point.... I always found with the Pop Charger on the car hesitated when you first put your foot down, almost like a tiny amount of turbo lag if you get what I mean... I guess your theory at higher speeds could be correct... put proof needed :snack: