After a nice clean,but horror discovered.

Daryl

Right,last week my rear pads started to make grinding noises,guessing it was the wear indicator. So yesterday made a point of changing them. Decided to clean it all today,as it was look abit poo. One rear pad was particularly low,non existent actually,there was very little material left,this was the passenger side inboard pad. Today,thought one wheel was abit dirtier than the rest,only to discover after 2 washes with Bilberry,this...

83f867d3.jpg

e6cdb9d6.jpg

1dc09954.jpg

e1129ef0.jpg

ea4f8ef1.jpg

The rest of the car came up alot better,thankfully,and also managed to fit my bonnet lifters this morning,as i thought 7.30 am was abit early to fire up the pressure washer. Alot easier than i thought it would be,and gave me a chance to take the covers and shrouds off for the battery and brake fluid,and gave them a clean and protect aswell.

4284c278.jpg

bd199489.jpg

e03669e4.jpg

8a9c125b.jpg

As my new wheels are finally going on this week,hopefully,im not mega concerned about the really bad wheel. But can anyone help with how i get all of this baked on stuff off please.

It looks like what happened to my mate! He left his pads low and the disc got it bad. It was actually the hot metal bedding itself into the paint. He had to get a refurb and side of his car resprayed as all the paint had it bedded into it! :scare: good luck with the repair. Try clay bar or something or a really strong wheel cleaner like wonder wheels which is very aggressive :thumbs:

It looks like what happened to my mate! He left his pads low and the disc got it bad. It was actually the hot metal bedding itself into the paint. He had to get a refurb and side of his car resprayed as all the paint had it bedded into it! :scare: good luck with the repair. Try clay bar or something or a really strong wheel cleaner like wonder wheels which is very aggressive :thumbs:

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

Hopefully,as the wheels sit so far into the arches,it wont have got onto the paint. While washing it,i didnt notice any deposites embedded into the paint,so fingers crossed i got away with that. When the wheels come off,il try to get the bits off. These are going to be winter wheels,so not the end of the world,but still not great.

Autoglym clean wheels is pretty good at getting brake dust off may work? :shrug: Off topic is your front number plate a sticker and do you have any probs with the feds? Looks good! B)

No chap,i was worried when i picked the car up,but had no attention from the police at all. Iv even had a policeman ask me to move my car back so he could park,bonnet to bonnet style,and he didnt batter an eye lid.

I need to get another one,as im hopefully getting a Nismo V2 (i know its been done,but love the looks) so want another one for that. Plus the current one has breaks in it over where the original fixing holes are.