Newbie here, Electric window problems and clutch p

maximus999

Hi all, My first post on here and thankyou for any advise.

I have aquired a 350z which is the best car I have ever ever had, anyways, i just got the car last week and changed the clutch today due to the pedal not returning to its sitting position after pressing the clutch. I have put the new clutch in and it is doing the same thing, when i press the clutch in and release it there seems to be a point where the pedal sticks and if i hook my foot under it and give it a tug upwards it sort of pops to the sitting position - Could this be a spring or hydraulics problem? there is no leaks form the slave/master cylinder! and it is topped up correctly.

Secondly there is a problem with the electric windows, (they wont go up or down) when i press the switch on the drivers door panel you can hear a clicking on the passenger side door and also on the drivers door but the windows don't move - I have checked the fuses and all are ok - any advise.

Many thanks for any help

Ian

Hi there, purely from what I've read around the net but if it's not the slave cylinder or air could it be that someone has previously tried to adjust the height of the clutch biting point? The thread here gives details for the correct set up and also reports pedal sticking down if you over do the adjustment :)

I had that exact same clutch problem on mine after owning the car for only a few weeks. I took it to Nissan (big mistake!) and they charged me £2,060 for a new clutch and flywheel. Then after another month it started to do it again! I took it back and they said there was air in the fluid, so they bled it and now it all seems fine.

Makes me wonder if they could have just bled it in the first place and saved me £2000!

Yep - the link to my thread will sort the windows! The passenger side motor on mine was so filthy a lightning bolt wouldn't have made contact :lol:

Once the motor is out, clean the contact patches (probably covering in nasty black muck) and also clean the bushes contact points (again covered in crap). Test the motor works by plugging it in with the door still stripped down....and dont forget the passenger side window lock button on the drivers side...make sure it isnt pressed down lol !

Yep - the link to my thread will sort the windows! The passenger side motor on mine was so filthy a lightning bolt wouldn't have made contact :lol:

Once the motor is out, clean the contact patches (probably covering in nasty black muck) and also clean the bushes contact points (again covered in crap). Test the motor works by plugging it in with the door still stripped down....and dont forget the passenger side window lock button on the drivers side...make sure it isnt pressed down lol !

Strongly agree..... my window work so much better after a clean on the commutator well worth doing this and its easy too.

Thanks for all the info again, seems like the window fix will sort the problem out as mine clicks on both doors when i press the window button.

As for the air in the clutch hydraullics, how do i bleed the system out, is it just like bleeding the breaks? I have also read through this site the pedal can be adjusted to suit, mine was a jap import and i think whoever had it before hand might of adjusted it but i will bleed the air first (only if i knew how to )

• 1 month later...

I have a 2006 350Z and had the same problem with the clutch pedal not returning but only on hot days and usually when in traffic jams and was on and off the clutch.

Took it into Nissan in Jackson street St Helens who said they couldn't find anything wrong with it but bled it using dot 5 fluid which cured it for about 18 months till the other week when we had a hot day the same thing happened again.

I thought about my Kawasaki ZZR1100 which had metal braided brake hoses to reduce brake fade when hot so searched ebay and noticed that metal braid clutch hoses are produced as an aftermarket product for the 350Z so there must be a demand. Could this be the answer?