Windows Phone 7 and Bose Bluetooth

tobys

Hi all,

Recently bought a 04 UK GT and loving it, even the Bose seems OK to me (though tape deck a little retro)! :)

Only issue - Bluetooth integration with my brand new HTC 7Pro phone. :thumbdown:

Pairs with car just fine.

Can connect and disconnect the pairing form phone - as expected.

Can make make phone dial out but - often (almost always) doesn't transfer sound to car. Is still paired and 'connected' but no sound from car. Sound on phone handset itself fine.

Can hang up, redial, etc - same problem.

When call in progress the 'Bluetooth' screen button on phone is not selectable (greyed out) so can't 'force' sound back to bluetooth.

Now, I played around a bit (as I work in IT so how hard could it be to figure out) and found:

If phone was just paired with car when beep sounds as ignition first turned on and diplay says "PHONE" (like the first time I set it up following instructions) - works fine and [phone shows little bluetooth icon at very top of screen].

If car ignition has been turned off (or phone taken out of range) since - make call, no sound. [no icon on phone screen]

If phone/car paired previously and come back to car, turn ignition, problems again. [no icon]

Only workaround seems to be:

Everytime get in car delete previous pairing on phone. turn ignition to first click. beep from car. pair phone. [icon appears on phone screen] - all fine.

Now, this is OK for a long journey, but is a PITA for day to day lige. :rant:

Now I know WinPhone7 is still very new, seems to have vastly cut down BT controls (along with lots of other things being simplified), etc.

On my old phone running Windows Mobile 6.5 I had a little app called BTtoggle which effectevely 'forced' or toggled or switched the sound on the phone between internal phone speakers/mic and a paired bluetooth headset. Have searched for similar app for WinPhone7 but can't find one.

Searched on here and some other forums - no joy.

Googled lots, loads of people complaining about general bluetooth problems with WinPhone7 (especially people with Saumsungs) - call / sound qaulity, etc and some even about integration with car kits but nothing exactly like my problems.

Might ask around at work and see if anyone else has a different WinPhone7 phone I can try in my Z, but don't know of anyone of the top of my head...

Anyopne else got his/her another Windows Phone 7 based phone? Do you have the same problems as me with the Bluetooth on the Bose?

Thanks a lot!

Toby

/rantover - that's a lot of words, hope it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar problems with other phones have been reported in the past. I seem to recall some have got round the problem by putting the phone next to the bluetooth cradle, or better still for ease of use in a phone holder to maximise connectivity (rather than keeping the phone in a pocket). Might be worth a try :shrug:

thanks guys.

think there's more to it than volume sadly - i reckon it's a phone operating system issue - hopefully Microsoft will fix via patch soon!

will try phone nearer dongle and let you all know.

cheers,

Toby

• 10 months later...

Will probably get worse over time as new phones are using the latest versions of Bluetooth while the adaptor dates back to 2002/2003. Some sort of third-party hands-free (Parrot?) is probably the only solution.

Windows Phone 7 is not a big seller (yet) so there's greater chance of having issues that won't be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what Bluetooth profile the handsfree uses?

Apparently Windows Phone supports the following Bluetooth user profiles:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2)

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.3)

Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5)

Headset Profile (HSP 1.1)

Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.1)