HELP! Broken wing mirror...

Leeroy

I wonder if anyone can help with an urgent problem. Some retard kicked my nearside wing mirror off last night and broke the bracket which is attached to the car. THe mirror itself and the bodycoloured housing is fine. Does anyone know if the bracket which attached to the car can be replaced separately?

Nissan are saying i would need to replace the whole lot inc mirror which seems a bit extreme.

Cheers, so ANNOYED :rant:

I know, I will, wondered if anyone else here knows though.

To get me out of trouble today (i need to make a longish journey) i'm going to remove the mirror - Nissan said to cut the power cable but i don't want to do that if i can just get the bracket and bastardise the existing one....

Also, how do i remove the mirror glass? Prise it off?

The mirror is now off, so I'm driving around with just a drivers side mirror, 1980's stylee :lol:

I ended up cutting the cable 3" from the white plug inside the car, just so as I could pull the cable back through the internal door bracket.

Would still like to know what my options are for just replacing the external door bracket though, as the rest of the mirror is all good :shrug:

The mirror is now off, so I'm driving around with just a drivers side mirror, 1980's stylee :lol:

I ended up cutting the cable 3" from the white plug inside the car, just so as I could pull the cable back through the internal door bracket.

Would still like to know what my options are for just replacing the external door bracket though, as the rest of the mirror is all good :shrug:

Hi, I made this same mistake when taking out my mirror out, thankfully the new mirror I have had the cable on it.

My reason for replacing was also due to the mounting breaking.

:pmr35lee: as I think he has some mountings!

Good Luck :thumbs:

I wonder if anyone can help with an urgent problem. Some retard kicked my nearside wing mirror off last night and broke the bracket which is attached to the car. THe mirror itself and the bodycoloured housing is fine. Does anyone know if the bracket which attached to the car can be replaced separately?

Nissan are saying i would need to replace the whole lot inc mirror which seems a bit extreme.

Cheers, so ANNOYED :rant:

+1 I've had this happen to me in the past too! :angry: Thankfully ZmanAlex sorted me out quicksmart! :#1: