Hello from new member.

That video clip is not the same car (same plate, different car) - the seats aren't the right colour.

Welcome to the forum, and I'm going to be controversial right from the off, and call you an absolute swine :rant: . I'm guessing you got your car from Colliers in Birmingham??? If so you bought it from right under my nose :angry: . I was in the latter stages of negotiation when I got told they'd sold the car. It's my fault as I was being too greedy - hey ho :blush: .

Only messing around though, many congratulations on your purchase, she's an absolute beaut, hope you enjoy her. I'm still on the hunt (hence my post in the 'wanted' section) and will also hopefully snag a cracker.

I just logged on here intentially to see if any 'new members' had arrived sporting a new gunmetal car with orange leather :teeth: .

Hey! Talk about a small world!! I did wonder, when i read your post in "wanted" when you said your`d just missed out on a car which sounded suspiciously like the one ive just bought. Its strange, they didnt mention anything to me about anyone else interested, when normally sales people always mention that hoping that you will pay more etc.. Did you take it for a spin?

The car is awesome, ive done 300 miles in it already and only had it 3 days.

Only things I can fault atm is that the front brake discs / pads are on the limit, the back discs are very very badly scored - so time for a brake change all round I think. (Do they all wear out at only 20k?!?!) And on last years MOT (even though garage didnt give me it, i found it online) it had an advisory for leaking shocks - which havent been replaced.

Also as you prob noticed if you checked the car out, the interior seems a lot more worn than 20k would suggest - probably as a result of being a press car, but nothing I cant fix.

All in all a cracking car.

Yes, I stongly believe it's the same car. No didn't get down to look at it (timing wasn't kind to make the hour trip there then back again). The price however was very strong indeed though for that car - that said, I think I'd be kicking off if it needs new pads (or anything for that matter - the leaking shocks too). They told me it had been fully serviced, as you'd expect, so I'd be hoping for 6 months (or a good 5/6,000 miles) under your belt before ANYTHING needs doing - get on the phone.

Strange they didn't say anything to you about another buyer, maybe it was another chap there who wasn't aware of my interest (I was speaking to Kumar).

Anyway, pleased someone on here got the car, and hope when you get the little niggles sorted you'll have many happy miles ahead of you.

Is this the one you bought???

Yep, thats the one. Looks quite nice in that pic.

Its also the same car here:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/n ... -2005.aspx

Thats a press photo of it with its original number plate on.

Sorry you missed out on it. I think, as you mentioned in one of your other posts, it might have been because of the part-ex you had. In my case it was a cash sale and I walked in with the cash in my pocket which must have been very tempting for them.

Is this place too far from you?

http://www.thrapstongarage.com/used-car ... mptonshire

They have a mint 57 plate roadster in, which I test drove a couple of weeks back. It really felt brand new. I made them an offer on it but they had only just got the car in and were reluctant to do a deal. Ive noticed they have since dropped £1000 off the price so really they should have taken my offer. Its got the GT pack, sat nav, reversing sensors, low mileage, 2 previous owners I think it had, new tyres. Its the dark midnight blue colour. Only thing I could fault was a very small scuff on the rear drivers side wheel arch which they said they would fix before selling.

Cheers.

looks like you've bought a TV star... B)

Welcome first off :thumbs: Had to laugh at the luggage part of the video :lol: You can fit a bag in the S2K but where do you put the roof when out and about :thumbdown::shrug: Pop it behind a hedge somewhere? Just remember to go back for it :surrender:

Is this place too far from you?

http://www.thrapstongarage.com/used-car ... mptonshire

They have a mint 57 plate roadster in, which I test drove a couple of weeks back. It really felt brand new. I made them an offer on it but they had only just got the car in and were reluctant to do a deal. Ive noticed they have since dropped £1000 off the price so really they should have taken my offer. Its got the GT pack, sat nav, reversing sensors, low mileage, 2 previous owners I think it had, new tyres. Its the dark midnight blue colour. Only thing I could fault was a very small scuff on the rear drivers side wheel arch which they said they would fix before selling.

Yeah, been keeping an eye on it, the price drop has bought it right into range (nearly ;) ). Think it's a 3 owner car which I was trying to avoid if possible but it's certainly an option. Good to know you've seen it in the flesh though :thumbs: .

looks like you've bought a TV star... B)

Welcome first off :thumbs: Had to laugh at the luggage part of the video :lol: You can fit a bag in the S2K but where do you put the roof when out and about :thumbdown::shrug: Pop it behind a hedge somewhere? Just remember to go back for it :surrender:

Yeah I thought that was quite funny. They dump the roof against the side of the building behind them and drive off.

Yeah, been keeping an eye on it, the price drop has bought it right into range (nearly ;) ). Think it's a 3 owner car which I was trying to avoid if possible but it's certainly an option. Good to know you've seen it in the flesh though :thumbs: .

Just spoke to my missus and your right, it was a 3 owner car, and I remember now questioning that with the sales guy. Its a 2008 model according to the sales guy, so thats a bit of a high turn around. But, it had full history on it. Wouldnt fancy your chances on a decent part ex price, the guy offered me about 1/3rd of what I can get for my old car just by bunging it on ebay.

Wouldnt fancy your chances on a decent part ex price, the guy offered me about 1/3rd of what I can get for my old car just by bunging it on ebay.

Oh, eBay, completely forgot about that :bangin: . My car will be on there in about 15 minutes... :thumbs: