Full bulb upgrade

Woody

Hi all :wave:,

Im thinking of upgrading all the bulbs on the zed, as in the sidelights, main, dipped, number plate and interior. So what have you gone for? and where from?

P.s. Mine is a pre facelift.... If that makes any difference

Cheers Woody :D

Ive left the main beam as is, but changed the side lights to LED as it get rid of the yellow look. Silver flasher bulbs, LED number plate and Blue LEd interior. makes a hell of a diffrence to lighting full stop!

If I remember right - the front sidelights x 2, rear numberplate x 2, boot light x 1 are all the same type w5w 501 type and the interior over head light requires 2x 30mm festoon type bulbs.

White LED is the way to go if you wanna modernise the look. They give white with a hint of blue. You can get them for a few quid from ebay but they may not last too long. Or somewhere like autobulbs direct (PM a mod for a discount code) they are more expensive but should last.

You do realise that the HID bulbs fitted from the factory are already the best you can get? If you get bluer ones they actually decrease light output. There's a reason why manufacturers fit 4300k xenon bulbs from the factory, please don't be one of those imbeciles who has ridiculously blue headlights which just cause glare.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an easy / recommended upgrade to HID for the main beams at all? My UK GT already has HID on dipped beam of course, would like the extra lighting from the full beam too if poss. I see some kits on eBay like this one :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H7-SLIM-LINE-XENO ... 0525573673

..but unsure if they're trying to sell me something I already have! :dry:

You do realise that the HID bulbs fitted from the factory are already the best you can get? If you get bluer ones they actually decrease light output. There's a reason why manufacturers fit 4300k xenon bulbs from the factory, please don't be one of those imbeciles who has ridiculously blue headlights which just cause glare.

+ 1,000,000

+ 1,000,000

that only happens with the cars that dont have HID xenons originally with no projector(the conversion kits dont have correct reflectors so the light energy dissapates wrong and causes the glare. The projectors generally solve this if they are high quality..

Range Rover and bmw provide the cars with a bulb with a slightly different temp. IMO the bmw's have much better light output even though the 4300 are the truest white. My bro's car has awesome light out put. The older zeds never had a true projector whereas the facelift does. Thats why pre-facelift lights arent great. You wont get glare when you upgrade the zed to a different temp lamp.