It was a nice day so why not.....

SteveW

What, no pics of the clean '2? :teeth:

Ha ha no he wested as soon as he had been cleaned :lol:

Did you not fancy cleaning the skirts? :p

Unfortunately its a mixture of chipped paint and white emulsion......I was following a lorry that was dropping paint a few years ago late one night and I didn't know :angry: . I've tried everything and it won't come off....... will be getting new side skirts soon, hence why I've never bothered getting them repainted....

Next alternative is to drape wet towels on affected area for about two hours. This could prove difficult as the paint is on the underside but if you can find a way to make the area wet/damp the emulsion will be easier to get off.

I detailed a mates focus which was covered in emulsion spots, took me 4 hours to clay off. It was a bitch. Like you say if changing the skirts, that'll be the easy solution

Hmmmm maybe I just didn't go at it for long enough. I was getting annoyed because it didn;t look to be making any difference and after half an hour I sacked it off as a bad job......

Might try it out when I have a free day again. I'll also try to think of some way to make it damp first as suggested.

Thanks chaps.

Steve

If I get any emulsion on light switches etc. (or on the oil-based paint on woodwork for that matter) at home, Meths brings it straight off. Be careful with the paint on your car mind; I would test on a small hidden area that it doesn't damage the lacquer. It will also strip off any wax you've got on there......................

..................if meths doesn't shift it, its probably not emulsion!