What to Look out for?

en2ia

Hi all,

I have just registered with the forum and I'm hoping to buy a 350Z this week! Before I do though, I was hoping I could pick your brains with a few questions. I am looking at a 57 reg GT spec in black.

Is there anything specific to the car I should look out for? From what I have read the GT spec comes with the BOSE speaker system as standard, with the SAT NAV and bluetooth integration as optional extras? (thinking from an insurance point of view here). Are the 18" Rays standard with the GT or also optional extra?

Talking more specifically about the two I'm looking at. The first is privately owned but has some modifications, there is an aftermarket sat nav (Navman) wired in to where the Nissan one is normally fitted, the front bumper grill is chrome but the guy has said he can swap it with the standard one, and the front bumper lights are clear instead of orange. If I was to keep it as it is are these things that would increase my insurance? If so, if the sat nav was removed would wiring one in and then removing it later cause a problem with the electrics?

The second one I'm looking at has tan leather seats. I don't mind them but will this make it more difficult to sell on after and mean I have to lower the price? The dealer selling it is also offering RAC inspection and RAC Platinum warranty package. Is the platinum warranty worth having? (I've heard it doesn't cover much?)

I would really appreciate any help, even if it is something glaringly obvious as I'm only buying my second car!

Check the gearbox is sound, changing from first to second can be abit hit and miss so make sure thats smooth. Check for uneven rear tyre wear. Check the exhaust for rust and that its not blowing as some corrode and need replacing. Also check the rear suspension and make sure it does not clunk. Cant think of anything more. I think there might be a sticky somewhere about what to look for.

Hi all,

Is there anything specific to the car I should look out for? From what I have read the GT spec comes with the BOSE speaker system as standard, with the SAT NAV and bluetooth integration as optional extras? Think all GT's come with the phone kit but you'll need the bluetooth adapter (thinking from an insurance point of view here). Are the 18" Rays standard with the GT or also optional extra?Yes optional so not on all GT's

Talking more specifically about the two I'm looking at. The first is privately owned but has some modifications, there is an aftermarket sat nav (Navman) wired in to where the Nissan one is normally fitted, the front bumper grill is chrome but the guy has said he can swap it with the standard one, and the front bumper lights are clear instead of orange. If I was to keep it as it is are these things that would increase my insurance?Should inform your insurers of modifications some increase your premium some just say they won't cover the mods b If so, if the sat nav was removed would wiring one in and then removing it later cause a problem with the electrics?

The second one I'm looking at has tan leather seats. I don't mind them but will this make it more difficult to sell on after and mean I have to lower the price? Personal choice I like whereas others might not The dealer selling it is also offering RAC inspection and RAC Platinum warranty package. Is the platinum warranty worth having? (I've heard it doesn't cover much?)Your right I think they pretty much class 99% of things as wear and tear

I would really appreciate any help, even if it is something glaringly obvious as I'm only buying my second car!

The second one listed there, the one with the chrome grill isn't a 313 as it doesn't have the bulge bonnet. The first one is a tad overpriced, no idea how good the warranty is, check the small print.

Welcome along BTW :)

Pete