Grey / white smoke.....ideas??

Barney

Hi guys , some advice needed please . I have a 350z roadster , 37000 0n clock , full service history and was seviced 500 miles ago . Have owned for just under ayear and only done 1500 miles in that time . I have just noticed in mornings when first starting from cold its smoking grey then white smoke from exhausts for about 10 to 20 seconds then nothing ? Apart from first thing in morn , nothing at all , even if left to cool down for 4hrs . Have checked oil / water for contamination , no problems found , head gasket starting to go ??? Is there a pressure check the garage can do ? Sensor for fuel mixture ? Any ideas chaps , Thanx barney . :wacko:

Have owned for just under ayear and only done 1500 miles in that time .:

You need to get out more............IN YOUR ZED :thumbs:

I have owned mine for nearly 2 years and done 30k :scare:

Maybe use it for a week or so and see if it improves, it might just be a residue build up where its not been run :shrug:

Ah, re-read op, 10-20seconds? What he said^^. I had it in ma heid 10-20mins :doh:

Unless the car is getting some limiter kissing it still might not clear it out. My other car is like that. He says he isn't using water. Isn't black fuel problems and blue oil problems.

Also I've never heard of injectors needing re calibrated how do you mean? Does that mean cleaned and checked. :thumbs:

Ah, re-read op, 10-20seconds? What he said^^. I had it in ma heid 10-20mins :doh:

Unless the car is getting some limiter kissing it still might not clear it out. My other car is like that. He says he isn't using water. Isn't black fuel problems and blue oil problems.

Also I've never heard of injectors needing re calibrated how do you mean? Does that mean cleaned and checked. :thumbs:

Black deffo oil, blue fuel :thumbs:

It's not that common on modern injection systems but these days it'll be done by computer/plug in to re-set injectors/remap fuel injection. Like any metal, injector nozzles are subject to wear, and with some people putting fuel additives and other detergents in their fuel systems can cause a minor defect over time, more common on diesels but can happen on petrol vehicles, but essentially yes, cleaned and flow rate checked.

As you've said I don't think this guy has any problem and it's likely to be cold/condensation being "burned" off.