Servicing Kit...

cerealuk

Have had the zed a year now and its due a service. Thus far its service history has been ropey being mainly self serviced by owners etc. I know what was done last service ( a year ago) but not what has been done previous.

I get all my work done by a mechanic friend who does a great job for cash in hand so labor is not an issue, however when it comes to sourcing parts, he just goes straight to nissan for everything. Is it worth me putting together a set of bits he's going to need (using sources other than nissan) or is it not going to save me much money?

Also I quite often get a screeching sound (sounds like a belt of some kind) which recently has lasted up to 20 seconds from turning the engine on and then goes quiet again until the car is left to go cold... any ideas if this will be a new part needed?

Cheers :thumbs:

:pmzmanalex: he can supply stuff way cheaper than Nissan , there's also other trader like R35LEE etc just look through the trading area at the for sale section of through each trader to see what they have and who offers what . If you can't see what your after post in the wanted section and people will help u out.

There is also a servicing section in the forum index have a look there for ideas of what you need to do at each service interval :thumbs:

P1. P2 and P3 servicing kits in stock.

Gates belts kits in stock. £29.95

Denso Iridium Plug Sets in stock. £49.95

Cosworth Performance Panel Filters in stock, DE and HR. £29.95

Drop me a pm if I can help you further or just click on my signature picture.

Alex. :)

Get your stuff of Zmanalex, way cheaper than nissan and all other place i've found, very good quality products and will be at your door before you can say supercalafregalisticaxpealidotious (sp)

:thumbs:

1+

Also with Alex you can be sure to get the right oils if your changing your gearbox fluids etc. I had a garage do my gearbox oil and they used 'Nissan spec' oil but not genuine oil and since its been abit iffy.