K&N Typhoon kit

sl114

I have, and love it.

IMO the best CAI design, compared to aem, nismo, injen.

BUT with this new cosworth intake+plenum..... don't know :) that setup looks the business! B) (can you say I'm tempted?) :teeth:

Was it easy to fit and where did you get it from?

got it from an ebay buyer in edinburgh and Derek helped me shipping it over at minimal cost!

£220 + £10 shipping, was the best price I could find it at, and I phoned ALL K&N stockists in the NW !

easy to fit, I'd say yeah, only tricky bit was the MAF sensor you need special bits (called security bits) to take it off. Also, the fact that you can add the suction cone or not gives you a choice. I just put it on for the summer, but think I'm gonna keep it as the design makes it basically impossible for water ingress.

If the price is right for the Cosworth setup (plenum + intake) I might sell mine! It's blue though

got it from an ebay buyer in edinburgh and Derek helped me shipping it over at minimal cost!

£220 + £10 shipping, was the best price I could find it at, and I phoned ALL K&N stockists in the NW !

easy to fit, I'd say yeah, only tricky bit was the MAF sensor you need special bits (called security bits) to take it off. Also, the fact that you can add the suction cone or not gives you a choice. I just put it on for the summer, but think I'm gonna keep it as the design makes it basically impossible for water ingress.

If the price is right for the Cosworth setup (plenum + intake) I might sell mine! It's blue though

Hmmm gunmetal and blue! that could work, haha.

First dibs if you sell it then! B)

I have the polished version with the new black rubber trim near the plenum (not the stupid blue one). I got it via ebay, autocom_performance, total price including shipment 295.72 $. He did some magic on the custom forms, 7 Pound custom tax :D.

It looks brilliant underneath the hood and does make a terrific sound above 3k rpm!

So if I was to buy one of these K&N CAI, then for the mechanically inept like me its then a question of how to stick the bugger on.

I would let someone more adept than me have a go, but I'm wondering about Val's comment about "requiring security bits" for the "MAF".... could you elaborate, Val...?

Can't be any worse the the standards system's inability to suck air
Thats what im thinking as it has heat shield and the inlet at the front.

I have also been thinking of cutting a hole away for direct air to enter the filter, but not too sure yet

it's not a heatshield, it's a proper casing for the filter. the tube is metal as opposed to plastic, hence there'll be a little more heat soak, but I've never really felt any difference

the bit is the one at the bottom of the link... mind you my screws haven't got the centre part anymore... B)

it's not a heatshield, it's a proper casing for the filter. the tube is metal as opposed to plastic, hence there'll be a little more heat soak, but I've never really felt any difference

the bit is the one at the bottom of the link... mind you my screws haven't got the centre part anymore... B)

Ahh i see

BTW- who are the girls in your gallery on the link in your sig??? I need to meet them, :teeth: