Jealousy?

hanel

There are some really nasty people out there.

Since Wales my car has taken a beating, literally.

First thing to happen weirdly in stages was that the rest of my valve caps disappeared. First one disappeared before Wales and then another two when a week after, then they came back to complete their set the week after that.

Then on Friday last week I came back to my car an noticed that someone had driven into it!!!!! :rant: They've hit the rear offside bumper, removing paint and leaving a huge bulge and some dents in the bumper. I need to give the car a wash to reveal the full extent of the damage and my need some advise on the best way to sort it out. I think with the dents in the plastic the whole bumper will need to be replaced.

They of course didn't leave and details or even a little note saying sorry. :angry:

Apart from that I've been tinkering. I have now fitted a Spills grounding kit which I think really does make a difference to the car. When I started the engine immediately after fitting the kit the engine sounded and felt significantly smoother! Would recommend the grounding kit to anyone who was thinking about it.

Replaced all the valve caps with some nice locking caps. Let see them steal the suckers now.

And last but not least today I had the windows tinted. Haven't seen it in the day light yet but it looks good in the dark. Will get some picture up for those who are interested.

Gutted for you George, lowlife scum. If they bothered to go out and get a job maybe they wouldn't be bored enough to go round ruining other people's property. F*****g t**ts, with any luck you'll meet the little swines down a dark alley one night just when you happen to have a big bat with you :rant::rant::rant: . Ahhhh we can all dream..........

Hope you get it sorted soon mate and it doesn't cost you the earth :thumbs:

Plus would def be keen to see the pics of the tints

Gutted for you :rant::rant: . Had this problem since day one in both my Zed and other cars I've owned over the years! :angry:

I've put up a CTV camera outside of my house (one of those cheap Homebase ones) but was also looking into how / what you could use to put in the car - keep a recording device for back and front? Wonder how feasible this would be?

Gutted for you :rant::rant: . Had this problem since day one in both my Zed and other cars I've owned over the years! :angry:

I've put up a CTV camera outside of my house (one of those cheap Homebase ones) but was also looking into how / what you could use to put in the car - keep a recording device for back and front? Wonder how feasible this would be?

Don't Toad do systems like that??? I could well be wrong (it has been known), but I'm sure I've seen something like that from them years ago

A mate of mine kept getting his car broken into at the gym (this is going back a good few years). Anyway, he chased a couple of chavs from his car that were sniffing around and one of them made a joke about nicking his stereo. He was sure that these little f*ckers were the ones that had been breaking into his car all the time........so, they laid a trap for him. It wasnt the latest in car security or technology, but it consisted of 3 rather big lads waiting in a van in the car park. Sure as sh*t, the second time they did it, he turned up and had a go at the car. Lets just say, that he'll think twice about robbing anything ever again. :headhurt:

Sorry to hear of your damage but jealousy is the right term to use to describe people that cause damage like this.

My g/f bought a new Hyundai Getz on 1st September. It was her first new car and probably her last as she won't be able to afford another but her car was only 3 weeks old when someone put two deep scratches on the back quarter. The car was parked at work in a 'secure' yard and isn't even a car park or an area which the public would normally access.

Luckily we got the panel resprayed last wek at a bodyshop I use for £145 which was a great price but it was money she could ill afford to spend and shouldn't have needed to.

A mate of mine kept getting his car broken into at the gym (this is going back a good few years). Anyway, he chased a couple of chavs from his car that were sniffing around and one of them made a joke about nicking his stereo. He was sure that these little f*ckers were the ones that had been breaking into his car all the time........so, they laid a trap for him. It wasnt the latest in car security or technology, but it consisted of 3 rather big lads waiting in a van in the car park. Sure as sh*t, the second time they did it, he turned up and had a go at the car. Lets just say, that he'll think twice about robbing anything ever again. :headhurt:

--------------------------

My Uncle used to leave on the drivers seat a rug which had underneath a bit of wood with big nails sticking up. Anyone breaking in got a nice surprise. It was never required cos a Police pal made him remove it. :wacko: Good to see your pal got justice.

I'd like to see some pics of the car with the windows done!

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I thought that my windows were already slightly tinted. Is that a JDM option guys?

I think all Zeds are slightly tinted (well mine certainly are )

They are lightly tinted already, also suggest not going for more than light smoke on them if you do decide to get tints, anything darker and it would make the interior look too dark.

Light smoke on mine looks good.

As for the dust caps. We got told recently on a driving experience day at Millbrook that fast driving can cause dust caps to undo themselves if not heavy enough, it was actually seen as well. After a particularly fast session out on the circuit we checked our caps and some people had loose ones, just be warned that it may not actually be thieving scum buckets stealing them but gravity\enertia etc doing it instead.

As for the dust caps. We got told recently on a driving experience day at Millbrook that fast driving can cause dust caps to undo themselves if not heavy enough, it was actually seen as well. After a particularly fast session out on the circuit we checked our caps and some people had loose ones, just be warned that it may not actually be thieving scum buckets stealing them but gravity\enertia etc doing it instead.

Unfortunately definately stolen as you could see where they rubbed the brake dust off the alloys.

I've put up a CTV camera outside of my house (one of those cheap Homebase ones)

Was thinking about putting a camera outside the house but still wouldn't have helped as the car has never been touched at the house.

Will get picture up of windows as soon as I see my car in the daylight! It's dark everytime I get in the car nowadays!

Sorry to hear about this. I hate it when people damage your car, and I've had exactly the same happen to my rear bumper too. Needing a new one but will wait until after the winter.

As for security, you can get devices that call your mobile when something is suspected......