I wish to enter the darkside...

sutski

Hi All, having been working my way through the FAQ etc the last few eves I think it seems that a Popcharger, a Kinetix V+ plenum, Hi flow cats and a nismo cat back exhaust system are the 1st mods one should look at making to get a few more horses?

If the makers claims are correct the PC should give +6.5 the kinetix PL & cats +20 and prob another 8 for the exhaust system? So would that seem a realistic target, 35 more horses from those mods?

315 would be such a good number.... B)

Cheers, Sutski

Unfortunately gains just dont happen like that, and you cant tally them up to give you a new figure.

You may get a bit of mid range response with the plenum, but for peak power, you'll be lucky to get 3.5bhp, nevermind 35bhp :(

The zed is a nightmare to tune.

Cheers!

Plenum looks good then. Also saw rumblings about a cosworth one giving 16bhp??!!

Spoke to Novidem last week as well and he told me 16000 swiss franc for the 380 pony supercharger...ouch....

I guess that leaves a turbo then for 5000bucks or so!!

Sutski, loving the sig! That's a great attitude!

Get some advice on which mods will work with FI to save on double spending!

The PC makes a lovely noise!

Is there an ECU or piggyback out there that is better to tune?

Its fine on the motorway, I do 60 miles a day of motorway driving, the good thing about this combo is that the noise is a real on the power noise and not a crusing noise. Alway been a big fan of HF cats, as normally you get a good power gain (as opposed to having a crappy ECU that doesn't let it rip like it should).

I have the PC, Kinetix Plenum and HF Cats, its nice and loud and gives a good roar, I don't know what it would sould like with the exhaust though, I was concerned it may be too loud!!

This is I reckon, as good as a Z gets...a nismo then anyone ??

I have just worked my way through at least 40 350z clips on YTube since deciding on on Z (2 days ago)...i lUUUUUrve my stock exhaust however I think it is not the best on offer: The Swiss are not good when it comes to allowing mods so I am not sure I can do anything legally but a full already approved (TUV) mod. I am hoping nismo mods meet this criterion...??

novidem are a swiss company and their mods are fully swiss legal... :scare::scare: looks like I need to get my head down and work a bit harder/more profitably, so I can splash the SIXTEEN THOUSAND SWISS FRANCS asked for for the 380 pony supercharger mayhem switch....they also do a 450 donkey conversion for the Z... :wacko: :wacko:

If anyone has this conversion and can record it revving at stand still and also a ragged drive by and post it on You tube.... B)

Love this song...