Alloy Damage

Peter10

Hi all,

The only real issue with my new Zed apart from the odd stone chip here and there is that the rear nearside alloy looks liked it was kerbed at some point :dry: . It isn't the worst grinding I have seen on an alloy but still not exactly pretty. It has grinding marks on opposite sides of the rim, so almost like the previous driver kerbed it pulled away then back in again, probably from a parallel park.

Sorry about the photo quality, iPhone + torch at night, but hopefully shows it enough.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

What options do I have here to repair it? What sort of cost would I be looking at also.

Thanks all :thumbs:

Cheers for the reply. I'm was looking to get a mobile out to do it, but my tyres are nitrogen filled (came that way, I'll probably go back to air when this set of tyres are due for a change). I doubt mobiles would carry nitrogen on them :thumbdown:.

I think mobile companies will leave the tyres on....could be wrong though.

Pete

mobile fitters release the air and move the tyre back; it stays on the wheel but they move it so they can paint all around the lip. once done the beading is re mounted and the tyre re inflated.

That's what I thought. I'll have to either take it somewhere who can re-inflate it with nitrogen or if I do have a mobile come out and do it just leave it with me and I'll take it somewhere to do it.

Thanks guys.