Heated Seats Still Don't Work!!

Leenx

Morning all,

I posted this topic under the warranty section last night but was thinking it doesn't really go there seeing as I don't have any kind of warranty (Moderators - feel free to delete or place accordingly?)

Basicaly my seats don't heat or is very slight. The switches all light up but that's about it. Anyone know where the thermostat for these is located? Is there a fuse for the seats? Anyone else got / had the same problem etc..

Not sure what to do and it's another thing that's really bugging me! :angry:

Cheers all

Morning all,

I posted this topic under the warranty section last night but was thinking it doesn't really go there seeing as I don't have any kind of warranty (Moderators - feel free to delete or place accordingly?)

Basicaly my seats don't heat or is very slight. The switches all light up but that's about it. Anyone know where the thermostat for these is located? Is there a fuse for the seats? Anyone else got / had the same problem etc..

Not sure what to do and it's another thing that's really bugging me! :angry:

Cheers all

I had the same problem , although on a different car (Jeep Grand Cherokee) turned out the heating elements in the seat had broken down,well known fault .. unfortunately for me just out of the Jeep warrant and would have cost £200 / seat to sort (never bothered after being told that :teeth: )

Fu**! But I hardly ever used them! How could this be assuming they have broken!????????? I'm getting one problem after the other with the car at the moment - all electrical orientated! Do you know where the thermostat is located?

Fu**! But I hardly ever used them! How could this be assuming they have broken!????????? I'm getting one problem after the other with the car at the moment - all electrical orientated! Do you know where the thermostat is located?

Sorry chum no idea, I'm very fortunate in having the non heated variety (less things to go wrong) ;)

Well this is it. The user manual says you have two settings the small iluminated bar gives little heat and the big bar gives off much more, but whether I push switch on either seat backwards or forwards the big bar remains on unless you push the switch into the middle which obviously tuens them off? The thing is as I said I've hardly ever used them and sure they were working only a short whiole ago. Think one of the Nissan dealers would be prepared to have a look? I guess the wiring would be the same as on the UK ones?

Well this is it. The user manual says you have two settings the small iluminated bar gives little heat and the big bar gives off much more, but whether I push switch on either seat backwards or forwards the big bar remains on unless you push the switch into the middle which obviously tuens them off? The thing is as I said I've hardly ever used them and sure they were working only a short whiole ago. Think one of the Nissan dealers would be prepared to have a look? I guess the wiring would be the same as on the UK ones?

...Sounds like a short circuit to me - after hoovering under the seats the other day and seeing the amount of wires hanging loose under the seats this would not surprise me!!! But then electrical wires and me stop at changing fuses in a plug!!!

Found this on an Amercian 350Z web site I think:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDAView Full Version : seats heating?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beaker10-28-2003, 04:24 AM

Took a 1000 mile trip this weekend. Noticed that the heated seats where really hard to tell if they were heating up. First time I tried them. Is it hard to tell if they are working or do I have a problem?

350ztodd10-28-2003, 07:56 AM

make sure the heat of your car is on and set above75 to really feel the heat! from the seats.

Beaker10-28-2003, 12:09 PM

OK so call me stupid for not reading the manual......So the heater in the car must be on? I'll be reading my manual tonight! Thanks.

hornet5910-31-2003, 03:45 PM

I read my manual and it doesn't say anything about turning on the heater of the car. It says that the heated seats are controlled by a thermostat that automatically turns the heater on and off. By that I'm thinking that the seats have their own built in thermostat. It goes on to say that when the vehicle interior is warm to turn off the switch. I'm taking this as to turn it off or else it'll be too warm because of the combination heated seat and the warm air. I was hoping this is how it works because the wifey gets cold easily and when I have the AC on she could turn on her heated seat and keep herself nice and toasty while I enjoy the cool AC :D

Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

67 Demon10-31-2003, 04:54 PM

From what i've noticed when i have the heated seat turned on, it will stay "warm" for a while and then you wont notice it again. Then it is like it reheats up again and you feel a new warmth.

Wendell Newsome10-31-2003, 05:19 PM

Same as 67 Demon. The seats hit up then cool off, then heat again. Cycle is probably so they don't get to hot. As far as I know, the car heater has nothing to do with them.

hornet5910-31-2003, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by 67 Demon

From what i've noticed when i have the heated seat turned on, it will stay "warm" for a while and then you wont notice it again. Then it is like it reheats up again and you feel a new warmth.

That's what meant by the seats have a thermostat that controls the heater automatically. When set on low or high it'll heat the seat to a set temperature, when that temp is reached it'll turn it off then when the seat cools to a set temp it'll turn it back on again.

vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This sounds simmilar to mine but you can barely notice the heat being on in the first place! I rang a few Nissan dealers and they said they really need to see the car check wiring etc - reckon could take upto a day to check etc... This is what I'm concerned about - could be an expensive job?

• 2 weeks later...

mine is in today for a new seat base for the passenger side as it only worked on the low setting. All switches and fuses are fine. Nissan told me that there are 2 circuits within the seat and it looks like one is broken.

I get the Z back later today so i'll ask them what it was. They should hopefully be giving me a new Bose aswell as mine still jumps!!

Then i'm gonna try for a new clutch and flywheel, ha ha!! Might aswell make the most of the warranty!

Regards

Rob

Mine went in the other week for it's second service - they tested the sts and didn't seem to be a problem. However I still think they're not as warm as they used to be but realise I'm not getting anywhere with this and have since given up on investigating the whole thing. Gonna stick a hot water bottle in there before hand! :wacko:

when they put it in, they scratched all of the sill, ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i am going to be without the car yet again whilst they take it to the bodyshop for a repair, not happy!!

Whats the general compensation people have had for having there pride and joy scratched up by some monkey at the dealers?

Regards

Rob